SpywareBlaster 3.0 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster 3.0 has been released!

New in this version:
    -Restricted Sites Protection
    -Mozilla/Firefox Protection
    -A brand-new interface
    -And many, many other new features and changes!

NEW UPDATING OPTIONS IN SPYWAREBLASTER 3.0
    SpywareBlaster still offers the built-in Check for Updates feature. This feature is completely free and allows you to keep up-to-date by clicking on a button in the SpywareBlaster interface.

SpywareBlaster 3.0 now offers SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate - a brand-new updating solution. Just set it up, and AutoUpdate will check at every system boot for the latest updates and enable the newest protection (other options are available).

As much as we would like to provide auto-updating functionality for free, bandwidth costs are simply too great to make it feasible. AutoUpdate functionality is $9.95 (US) per year, which helps to cover the bandwidth costs. The Check for Updates function remains completely free, as does SpywareBlaster. You only need to pay if you wish to have the extra convenience of AutoUpdate.

Download the latest version here: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Enjoy! :D

Best regards,

-Javacool

2. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I was just wondering does the automatic updates that it check for when u boot up, be ok for dial up, as i do not have broadband and would it not be checking for updates before i was connected to the internet.

The Mul

3. javacool

Excellent question! :)

The Automatic updating feature waits until an Internet connection is active before checking for updates. So yes, it should work on a dial-up connection and on broadband. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. the mul

Just thought i would ask as i had kav set to update at different times, but when of course u have not dialed up then an error occurs with kav wizard update and this is why i am asking you .

Have a nice day as well

The Mul

5. the mul

I would also like to know can i install over the top of the old version, or am i better to uninstall first, before installing the new version.

The Mul

6. javacool

Either should work, but I always recommend a clean uninstall before installing any new version.

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. the mul

Thanks javacool for all your help it is always appreciated.

The mul :)

8. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

J.C very nice and thanks for the update!!
    installed beautifully(windows98se)
    thanks again ;)

9. Awesomedude

Awesomedude Guest

how about opera 7 support?

10. javacool

Opera isn't supported in this version, but your system will benefit from the Internet Explorer protection (which applies to the whole system) and the Restricted Sites Protection (which helps lock down Internet Explorer, just in case someone or some program should try to use it).

Best regards,

-Javacool

11. Awesomedude

Awesomedude Guest

it's just a suggestion for a later version, hopefully you'll think about

12. Robin

Robin Guest

Hello! I went to the site listed in my update, but the only thing there was SpywareBlaster 2.6.1 with the last update back in Sept. 2003!!! I already have V.2.6.1 with the latest update of 3-28-04. I clicked on the V.3 link listed at the beginning of this article, but that sent me back to the Install V.2.6.1 page again!!! What's up o_O

PS. Does anyone know why there hasn't been a Spyware Guard update since 1-22-04 o_O

email addy removed to hide it from harvesters and spambots-snowbound

13. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

Hi Javacool :)

thanks a LOT - the new GUI is looking very good !
    Great job !

14. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Thanks, JC, always nice to see "newer and better". :)

One minor critique of the new interface -- I miss the option in the "old" version to not display tracking cookies if you were using SB just for ActiveX protection. So I'm looking at a wild mix of protected and unprotected items in the main list, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed (and of course relying on your ability and experience) that it's got them sorted out correctly.

Best,
    Mike

15. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

Hi was just wondering if restricted sites protection in Spyware Blaster is just like IE-spyad protection? And can they be used together. Thanks so much.

16. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

JC I like the new version, it looks real nice and the new functions should make a big difference.

17. javacool

It's much like IE-SPYADs protection, yes.

And both can certainly be used together. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

18. javacool

It sounds like your browser (or Internet Service Provider) is caching an older version of the webpage.

To try to obtain the newest version, go to the site again, and press "CTRL + F5" in your browser (if you are using Internet Explorer) to refresh the page. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Best regards,

-Javacool

19. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

Well that's just Javacool. :)

20. polak

polak Registered Member

Will updates continue to be available for v.2.6.1 or will v.3.0 need to be installed to download all the latest updateso_O

21. javacool

Unfortunately the database format on the server had to change, to support faster downloads (and less bandwidth usage).

So you will need to grab 3.0 to download the latest protection updates. :) (SpywareBlaster 3.0 also includes more protection - to keep up with the latest spyware, you'll want to grab the latest version.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

22. Robin

Robin Guest

Hello, Again !!! Thank you for the "Heads Up" about my ISP (AOL) caching the browser. I did as you suggested, and IT WORKED !!!
    I am currently downloadind the Setup file. Will stop back later and let you know how it went.
    Thank You !

23. javacool

I'm glad to hear it. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

24. Robin

Robin Guest

Hello! I had a little problem with the install, but after "Removing" V2.6.1, installed V3.0 with NO problems. Re-booted and checked it out, then came back on line and checked for updates. ( although I did feel just a little bit naked between the un-install and install, if you know what I mean...) With version 3.0, with the "Protected" list STAY alphabetized after updatingo_O

Robin

PS. Why have there been NO updates for the Spyware GUARD Program since 1-22-04o_O

25. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

JC, worked sweet here.

I UNPROTECTED first in old version, uninstalled, installed new one and whalla!!

thanks.

Cheers, Adrian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.