Is anyone using this program? Everything Search Engine

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgoodman4, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I recently came across this little program and I like it a lot. I know folks tend to like google search or Copernic but I don't like the size of their databases (if memory serves Copernics database takes up drive space of about 20% of the size of the data its watching, thats way too much for me, especially on my lap-top) and the time it initially takes to index drives. Another thing that I do not like about both these programs is that they really should to be on all the time, or at least loaded regularly even if you are not looking for anything so the databases can be updated. Everything just maintain its small database when its off and the database update takes a few seconds when its initialised (on my drive with 68 gigs of data the initial scan took 30 or 40 seconds, updates have taken under 5 seconds). Everything Search does not create a new database but works off of a database that is already existent in Windows so its database (I don't know what else to call it) remains very small. According to the publishers website "1,000,000 files will use about 45mb of ram and 5mb of disk space." I have been using the program for about a week now and so far I like it very much. I am curious to hear what others have to say about it.

Cons:
    1: does not search file contents
    2: no preview pane
    3: only works with NTFS drives

Below is a review I found of the program as well as the link to the publishers website.

http://www.freewaregenius.com/2008/...-fast-desktop-search-program-for-ntfs-drives/

http://www.voidtools.com/

2. cet

cet Registered Member

I have been using it for more than 6 months.I love this program it is very fast.

3. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

This is the best file/folder searcher up to date (doesn't search for text inside the files). I strongly recommend this program.

It updates in real time (as you create/copy files), without ANY slow down, unlike locate and it rescans all HDDs in seconds without impact. I recommend the alpha version available in their forums.

Note for FD-ISR users: YOU CAN BROWSE IN ALL YOUR SNAPSHOTS WITH EVERYTHING!!! :cool: :cool:

4. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Yes i am using it for some time now. Very good. Its on my Superbar :)

5. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Thanks guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.