ESET Smart Security 4.2 BETA released
A beta version of ESET Smart Security 4.2 has been released in English (ENU) and Slovak (SKY). It brings several new features, enhancements and fixes described in the changelog below. It's available for download from the beta download page. Installation over the previously installed version is supported. Should you come across any problems during installation or during the beta testing, feel free to report it in the v4.2 beta forum.
The beta version has a trial license embedded. If you perform a clean installation, make sure to use the username and password you received after purchase instead of the embedded one. When installing the beta over a previous version, the username and password will be preserved as long as you leave the check box to retain current settings ticked during installation.
- added new firewall zones that can be switched between each other automatically based on defined criteria
- added an option to postpone installation of a newer firewall module until the next computer restart
- added support for ESET Remote Administrator 4 features (e.g. centralized quarantine, upgrade,...)
- added support for blocking hard drives connected via USB
- added support for AIK 2.0 (part of Windows 7)
- added support for Thunderbird 3
- improved IMAP support in email client plugins
- added support for NT4 (limited features)
- added support for Opera 10 (changed path to certificates)
- improved support for dynamic disks
- license information updated more frequently
- improved compatibility with Windows Filtering Platform on Vista SP1 and newer OS
- improved mechanism for lockup prevention on heavily loaded systems
- other minor improvements and fixes
Last edited by Marcos : December 22nd, 2009 at 09:24 AM.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|