Can Virus Guard be disabled?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by cyberdiva, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberdiva

cyberdiva Registered Member

I'm a new user of Returnil, and while I like the concept of Returnil, I'm rapidly losing patience with Virus Guard. In just a few days, I've had nine messages warning me of a variety of malware--trojans, password stealers, and several W32/Backdoor2, among others. Since I run regular scans with McAfee Enterprise Edition antivirus, daily scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, and occasional scans with Spybot, all with current definitions, and none of them finds ANY of these, and since I almost NEVER have a problem with malware of any sort, I am very skeptical about F-Prot's warnings. I really don't want to have to continue to deal with what are most likely false positives. My question is, how can I disable Virus Guard? I went into Preferences, but I didn't see a "disable" option. The closest I could come was "Do not use advanced rules analysis." I don't think that goes far enough. How do I turn Virus Guard off?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi :)

1. Open the RVS program
    2. Open the home screen (if not already open) and then click the Virus Guard section
    3. Uncheck the "Activate Real-time virus protection" option

The RVS Virus Guard feature should now be turned off.

Mike

3. cyberdiva

cyberdiva Registered Member

Thanks very much, Mike. I've now disabled Virus Guard. I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't find the instructions for myself. :oops: Oh well....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.