Eset Pricing.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Templar, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Templar

Templar Registered Member

Hello..

Any one know if ESET will adjust it's pricing seeing that the price of most Security Suites has come down a bit and 3 pack bundles are quite common.

I can buy a Security Suite 3 pack (3 home pcs) from G-Data for less then I get a single ESS 4 license.

I've tried out G-Data and as usual I like Eset but I would like to see Eset adjust their price a bit, they don't have to be the cheapest, I'm more then happy to pay extra for the Eset quality but there shouldn't be too much difference.

Simon

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

You could be buying a "whole bag of hurt" with G Data see here.https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=259316

3. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

4. Templar

Hammer, there are good and bad stories with every large AV producer out there, always some horror stories and love stories.

It's not just G Data, it's Kaspersky, BitDefender, Vipre, Norton to name a few of the larger and respected producers that all have adjusted their pricing down.
    I'm extremely please with Eset and I'm actually very willing to pay for software however there shouldn't be too much difference between Eset and the other respected software makers.

Simon

5. Templar

Hi Nikna..
    That page takes me to a site that's adjusted by the IP that I originate from so I'm probably not getting the same page as you are.

ESET Smart Security - one user, one year license 48 EUR..
    That's more then a 3 user licenses of G Data..
    3 Pack of Kasersky goes around $120

Well enough about the complaining, Eset will feel the sting themselves. I'm missing like 3 user licenses now 2 for home and 1 at the office that's why I'm checking.

Simon

6. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I agree that ESET's prices are too high, they really do need to lower their prices, what they will lose by lowering them will be made up in more sales, I personally am approaching the time when I'll really have to look at prices on all the good Security people.

ESET must realise that there is a global shortage of cash and users are having difficulty to pay for the programs. and yes, take a look around for special offers and you'll find plenty.

If people havent the money they will not buy.

7. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Although there are 6 months remaining on my 2 licenses, have already started looking for something else. Renewal fee, IMO, is just to high to justify doing so.

8. Templar

hi PatG.

I don't think USD 50 is a lot for a whole year of sollid protection from an outstanding software maker like Eset. However given the fact that prices have come down in general to what I would call cheap I would like to see Eset adjust their prices but by no means do they have to be the cheapest.

About free protection.. I think it's strange that people have come to expect something for free or dirt cheap, I was reading a review the other day and one of the "cons" with Eset in that review was that it wasn't free, hardly a credible review that so I'm not even posting the link.

I will not change from Eset to something else even if they don't adjust their pricing but I believe they'd be well served themselves if they did, I've got like 2 virtual PCs on my Host OS for work, 2 PCs at home etc. so some kind of reduced price bundle would be nice but I'll pay for the all best rounder and no bloat from Eset.
    Simon

9. nikanthpromod

Come on ppl . Just do one thing . Leave this post and buy whatever u like.
    Every1 bargaining here. If there is a better product than Eset with low cost then y r u asking here to lower the costo_O? just buy that. if u like Eset u have to buy it. No more speaking:blink: .
    If im a mod or admin , i would have closed this thread at the time of creation.:D

10. nikanthpromod

I never felt global shortage of cash, because i dont have any cash.:D

11. Templar

Hi Nikan..

Pricing is the number one factor for the majority of consumers and I believe this thread is on a very respectable level. Prices matter and that's a fact.

Every one here has a favorable opinion on Eset but the fact of the matter is that there are several viable alternatives out there and prices having been going down recently.

I don't think USD 50 is overly too much to pay for a solution but EUROS 50 is 30% more so Eset has separated themselves somewhat in pricing and nothing wrong with posing that question.

Glad you're not an admin Nikan to shut us down because you think we're cheapskates :)

Simon

12. nikanthpromod

I didnt mean that:doubt: .

13. Templar

Hi Nikan..

No I didn't think so either I was just making a friendly joke :) there are however many that believe they should get quality software for free and that's being a cheapskate..

I've even seen in a review where not being free was a "con".

I'll be purchasing 2 licenses soon from Eset regardless..

Simon

14. nikanthpromod

ok, Nice to read that its a friendly joke:D

15. varuscelli

varuscelli Registered Member

I'm using ESET Smart Security on one PC and like it enough to want to use it on our other PCs (so I need it for four PCs all together).

Is there anything wrong with purchasing from a third party like www.bestantivirus2010.com and getting a one-year, 3-PC ESET Smart Security 4 license for $49.99? Seems like a very good deal, unless there's some disadvantage to that purchase that I'm not seeing.

http://www.bestantivirus2010.com/Eset_Smart_Security_4_p/eset-ss-3x1.htm

Any comments?

16. Templar

Great price but is that site for real, safe etc?
    Seems to be too good to be true really.

Any one bought from them?

17. varuscelli

I haven't bought from them yet...and, although I find the pricing to be very good, I wouldn't call it a pricing scale that falls under the "too good to be true" category (considering it's only $20 under the $69 price that ESET has been showing for 1-year/3-PC license). The price does seem low, but not so low to cause an automatic red flag/warning response... ;) -- just a yellow "approach with caution" flag... :D

I've also not yet run across any feedback that shows the site to be scammish or untrustworthy while doing a couple of searches on them (not any thorough research, though). At the same time, they don't seem to have a lot of history behind them. :doubt:

18. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Yes, I did a year and a half ago. Thanks for reminding me. Going to check and see what 2 licenses cost. They are a very reputable company and have been in business a very long time. Support is excellent!

19. varuscelli

Thanks for that feedback, Pat. :thumb:

I'm going ahead and making the purchase.

20. Templar

Hi..

yeah I bought a 3 pack from there, I just got my codes but I've only used it on a single PC, I'm still expecting something to go wrong :p

21. PatG

PatG Registered Member

When I purchased mine, it was for 2 computers, 2 year license. Have had it installed on my laptop and desktop for the last 18 months and it updates daily on both machines. Have had no problems with either. :D

22. varuscelli

As a follow-up, I purchased the 1-year, 3-PC ESET Smart Security 4 license for $49.99 from the site mentioned earlier and have loaded it on two of the three PCs I purchased it for. It's running without a hitch with the provided username and password. Looks to me like a very good route to go for the purchase.

23. varuscelli

Ha...

As one more follow-up, the $49.99 price from yesterday is now $54.99 today. Still a very good deal...but not quite as good as $49.99. ;)

Glad I bought it yesterday. :p

24. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Lemme tell you about their support.
    I sent an email today to them asking about my 2 computer, 2 license reg number. Wanted to know if I renewed at the special price they were advertising what would be my new expiration date? Received a reply back shortly stating that the special price is for NEW only (dumb me) BUT, keep the email for their reference and the senders name and if the price goes up between now and expiration they will issue me a coupon to offset the new price. Sure didn't expect that, above and beyond their responsibility! Love it!

25. Templar

Bought 3 lics myself and happy I did as the price is good but my love relationship with Eset just keeps getting more complicated.
    Now the http scanner in the Web Protection is causing me grief.. ARGH.. :p
    Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.