ESET Smart Security 4.0.467.0 - Firewall Log

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Sting23ray, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sting23ray

Sting23ray Registered Member

Im getting a "Incorrect IP Packet Checksum" in my firewall log.... any clue what this meanso_O

Attached Files:

• IPS.png
      IPS.png
      File size:
      110 KB
      Views:
  2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Registered Member

I have the same problem also.

Are you losing other computers off your local network? Can you transfer very large files from one machine to the other without it stopping?

3. Sting23ray

To be honest, I haven't tried doing that... are you suggesting that may occur as well? If that were to happen, that would be a huge problem for me. Are you dropping network connectivity in the middle of file transfers?

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Registered Member

Yes. When transferring large files, or streaming 1080p from one machine to another, everything stops around once every 20 seconds... rendering my home network completely useless. I am confident you will have the same problems should you try to stream large amounts of data from one machine to another.

See this thread.

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i am trying smart again with the latest firewall i have a load of incorrect ip... in log. i asked for over a year what dns poisoning was on vista never got an answer. you probably wont get any explanation was this is, it seems the firewall writes logs nobody (including eset support) understand.

6. Sting23ray

Oh man.... Im in my trial period right now. I think im gonna end up going with just the antivirus. This firewall this will gimme headaces.... :(
    Besides this, are you having anyother issues with the firewall? Is it stoping the real threats?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.