"Network Connections" displays nothing!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by simo1337, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simo1337

simo1337 Registered Member

When I go to "protection status > network connections" there's nothing in the list, despite active connections being established. Firewall is on (interactive mode) and my rules are still effective.

I'm on Vista SP1/32bit.
    Has anyone experienced such a weird issue ? (it persists even after a reboot)

Thank you.

2. MathewG

MathewG Former ESET Support Rep

Hello simo1337,

By default, some network connections are hidden from view. If you look at your network connection portion of your protection status section, right click in the open area on the right hand side (the big white area), and ensure you have check marks on the following:

"Show listening connections"
    "Show connections within the computer"

Also, ensure you remove the check mark from:

"Only show TCP connections"

This will show all your active connections that are currently being detected.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have a chance to try a different network card brand in case the problem's caused by incompatibility of its driver?

4. stimulator32

stimulator32 Registered Member

Problem is not with the drivers of the card, it is withe the program itself.

when I use XP OS the problem disappeares, but with Vista and 7 the problem comes back .. All that with the same card brand ..

5. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Just curious, if you click 'Open in new window' option at the bottom of the network connections page, does it open a window showing the connections?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I guess it might be a mutual problem of NDIS 6 drivers used on Vista/Win7, hence I was wondering if installing a different NIC with different drivers would make a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.