Panda Cloud Antivirus - Version 1.0 Final Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbust

pbust AV Expert

This week? No I believe I mentioned that we will probably release a version in-between 1.0 and 1.1, but we don't know the timeline yet.

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yeah sorry i miss read. it happens:thumb: keep up the good work:thumb:

3. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

pbust, did you see my previous post re: error code 11?

4. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

@ Pbust,

How well will PCA protect on dial up users?

yes im sure there still out there ;) :d

5. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

I am on the latest built but i am still seeing the problem. the built is 3.5.5 for firefox
    robin

6. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Brocke, I've been using this for awhile, even in times where I was previously on sluggish snail speeds of wireless (comparable to dial-up most of the time). No slowdowns with it.

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Can confirm this behaviour; trying a second time generally brings up the correct format of the page.

8. pbust

pbust AV Expert

@robin9 & @Blackcat, thanks for replicating the problem. We will take a look at it.

@EliteKiller, haven't forgotten about you. Will send you a PM with some instructions.

Sorry for the late replies, I was away from PC for a few days :)

9. robinb9

I just tried it again- cleared the cache in firefox 3.5.5- same behavior as previously stated
    robin

10. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Thanks robinb9, we've identified the problem and are fixing it. It's due to a language-setting cookie which needs to be set before you enter the forum. If you try to enter the forum directly (via URL to a specific thread) without first visiting www.cloudantivirus.com is how the problem is replicated.

Again thanks for bringing this to our attention!

11. robinb9

how will i see the fix? will it be implimented in the next version?
    also since this version has no upgrade in it- when the new version comes out will i have to uninstall this one or can i just put it on top of this one?
    Also i just looked at panda cloud and it says it is stopped, only there is no error msg- nothing until i opened it to look at where the version is
    I did nothing to stop it. I clicked on "Start" and all it is doing is is trying to start and now it says i have no internet connect but ummm I am typing this to you and you will see it go to you so i do have internet connection

robin

12. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Try and run there new uninstaller see if that helps

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=51462&tstart=0

13. Blackcat

Had the same problem; check out post 204 in this thread.

14. progress

progress Guest

Congratulations, I think I'll try it again :)

15. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yup and ver. 1.1 will have alot more into it also.

16. iwod

iwod Registered Member

If Panda Cloud AV is working offline, how is this different from an Normal AV?

17. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Softpedia: Given that Panda Cloud Antivirus offers the best security when connected to the Internet, what would be the percentage drop in protection when working only with the local cache?

Pedro Bustamante: One of the philosophies of the new protection model we've designed is that AVs don't need to detect every piece of malware that has ever existed or will exist, which is the traditional signature model. Basically what we're saying is that, if we have "x" millions of users in the Collective Intelligence community, what Panda Cloud Antivirus really needs to protect against is whatever malware is circulating amongst those users, and protect them even while off-line. For the rest of malware, you can detect it while connected to the Collective Intelligence servers.

In other words, why do you want your AV to protect you against malware which you'll never even see or come across? Why do you need your AV to waste resources trying to detect some 5 year old malware, 5 day old malware that's already dead or even malware that is affecting Norton users but not Panda users?

This is where the whole "community" aspect of Panda Cloud Antivirus steps in. Whatever Collective Intelligence "sees" out there as circulating in the wild, it creates a small cache version of signatures which detects and disinfects that subset of malware and synchronizes it in every agent for off-line operation. Even while off-line, Panda Cloud Antivirus will protect against all malware that is circulating, against all malware that is "important for you".

Another way of putting it is that this AV has been designed for real people, real users, not for testers and evaluators which judge how good or how bad an AV is based on lab isolated tests of millions of samples which have not seen the light of day in months or even years. Unfortunately the multi-billion AV industry is very influenced (and therefore limited) by what magazine and independent comparatives publish, even though most testing methodologies in existance today still do not try to reflect the real life situations of end users. We're very hopeful that the work of AMTSO is going to help a lot in improving testing methodologies and bring them closer to reflect real life scenarios. (back to top)

Read more...

18. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Thanks EliteKiller ;)

19. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

@Pbust,

How soon do you think we could start beta testing again to make sure PCA 1.1 is bug free?

20. pbust

pbust AV Expert

We're adding quite a bit of functionality into 1.1, so it might take a few months before a beta is released.

21. Blackcat

What about first making version 1 bug-free :p

As there are still some users who are having problems with the first release; high CPU usage, the turning off of protection with no tray warning.

So hopefully there will be a 1.01 version soon which would be useful to at least some of us.

22. progress

progress Guest

Is this bug fixed? :doubt:

23. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

What OS are you running. i have PCA running on vista 32bit with sp2 and windows 7 home pre 32bit

with no issues

24. progress

progress Guest

Windows 7 as well, so I should try it again :)

25. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i would its pc mags editor chice award for best free av. also ver. 1.1 will have auto update for program along 'i think' behav. protection. along with more offline protection.

i like very light and simple. it detects everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.