Uninstalling NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bsilva, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

My company purchased NOD32 by recomendation. I've been using it at home for a year and I love it. I tell everyone about it.

Now for the problem...
    Every time I try to uninstall it, WinXP it hangs and then crashes. I have it happen more than one computer (using XP). It also causes my computer not to shut down clean. I am using Version 2. I did sent than email for support and just waiting to hear back from them. Has anyone else run into a problem with NOD32 and XP?

Thanks,
    Brian

2. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Sorry didn't know that there was a different forumn for v2.

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey bsilva

hAVe you tried uninstalling from Safe-Mode?

4. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Yup. It does work, but I have 900 hundred pcs to roll this out too. I need to figure out why it hangs. I have the same problem on other pcs. We have the enterprise license.

5. Phant0m

Is it possibility there are Software conflicts possibly caused by another Anti-Virus System installed?

6. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Good question, but no. We did test (on a different computer w9:cool: running both of our anti-viruses but that uninstalled fine. It seems to be XP only and that's the only anti-virus on the computer.

7. Phant0m

Hey bsilva

Windows XP PRO? If so maybe i should see if i can reproduce that anomaly...

8. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Brian,

I've uninstalled NOD32 on my XP Pro systems more than a few times with no problems. Everytime has been very clean. No problems on shutdowns either.

Although I'm on a home LAN, I do have everything configured for local - no network stuff is scanned (these are on a LAN, right?). If some of these systems are laptops, do you see the same behavior with the PC running undocked and unconnected to the network?

When you do an uninstall, do you quit the NOD32 control center before proceeding (assuming that it's running)? If you also kill the process nod32krn.exe do you still have problems with an uninstall? What other processes are running when you do an uninstall?

All those questions are shots in the dark, but something may catch someone's eyes.

Blue

9. Phant0m

Very good BlueZannetti.

10. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

It's XP pro. I did quit from the control center and still the same problem. The only thing I didn't try is uninstalling it while disconnected from the lan. I also did kill the services that were running and that still didn't help. I don't have a list of services, I'm at home.

11. Phant0m

If you stopped its services, I can't see being connected to LAN an issue otherwise I would have to say AV Uninstaller is poorly coded.

12. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Yeah I agree, but we do use products that install and uninstall over the LAN. I did send an email to support and waiting to hear from them.

13. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Strange, if all the services connected to NOD32 are inactive, it hard to imagine an uninstall reproducibly failing on multiple machines unless there is a some constant issue by design. Is the administration of these systems centralized? Do the clients initiate updates or are they pushed to the client from a centralized console? In other words, is some process unrelated to NOD32 keeping an eye on things or possibly locking some files? If updates are pushed, how does that happen? Also, is the XP Pro installation a simple vanilla flavor or is some sort of locked-down configuration employed? Just a few more shots in the dark...

Blue

14. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I think you might have hit the nail in the head. We do install NOD32 through the RA console. :D

Thanks,
    Brian

15. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Are you trying to uninstall using either A) the account that installed it, or B)an account with admin privs? You may have a permission issue here... Just a thought.

16. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

It's not the network installation.

A) It's not a privledge. I did locally and had the same problem. NOD has seen this problem before but is unable to figure out why. They say it uninstalls clean next time, but it doesn't. o_O

17. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Just to give an update. This should be fixed with Version 2.000.10.

18. angelo_lopes

angelo_lopes Registered Member

No, it's not the network installation. I have had the same problem here at home with one desktop and one laptop. No matter you stop or remove NOD23 Kernel Service, uninstall hangs.
    With me it disappears from add/remove progs but it's still there (not only the install folder).
    Anyway I solved the problem installing over the previous installation, and doing this next time uninstall runs perfect.

HTH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.