Keyboard problems

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by BG, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BG

BG Registered Member

Using the latest beta.
    I noticed this morning that Prevx real time was turned off. Went to turn it on and had a BSOD. This was quick so didn't have a chance to catch the numbers. After the reboot the keyboard would not respond. Mouse was ok. tryed a different kb this didn't help. Scanned with Avira boot cd and this came up clean. Can't get to system even in safe mode because it can't get pass the pw screen. Running Win7 HP (7600). Right now I'm restoring a image from last night. I don't suppose Prevx removed the keyboard driver??

The other av I was using was NIS2010.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Sorry for the inconvenience :doubt: Prevx integrates itself as a keyboard filter driver but doesn't replace the keyboard driver. You may want to try logging in using the on-screen-keyboard (there is an icon on the logon screen in the bottom left) and then uninstall Prevx and try reinstalling from fresh.

I suspect something removed one of the Prevx drivers but it's hard to say exactly what would cause it. If you still have a copy of it, could you look in C:\Windows\Minidump\ and send the newest crash dump to report@prevxresearch.com so that we can investigate the cause of the crash?

3. BG

BG Registered Member

I'm sorry but I had to reimage this system. It was a production unit and could not afford the downtime. I should not have been running the beta version on it.

I will load version 3.0.1.65 on it though. Can't do without my Prevx.:)

4. BG

BG Registered Member

I have had second thoughts on this. Even though I have to eat 113days I'm no longer going to use Prevx when my other 2 license run out. I'm sorry but I'm tired of jumping through hoops ever time I have to reinstall or move Prevx.
    Want to say Prevx has some very good people but I' done.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I'm sorry you feel this way and we are working on tying license keys to physical PCs but it is not an easy change to make.

Many other software vendors have this same licensing system (tying it to operating system installations) as the vast, vast majority of users do not frequently reinstall their OS.

At the moment there isn't anything we can do to change this behavior as it is a fundamental characteristic of our database but we have the identifiers in place in the RC version (which will be going live quite soon) and we will then be making the necessary changes in our central database to manage the new licensing format.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.