Error communication with kernel???

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Soren, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soren

Soren Guest

I have a pc (A) connected to another pc (B) which is connected to the internet. When booting my pc (A), I get an errordialog.

Nod32kui
    Error occured during communication with NOD32 kernel service.

Until this dialog shows, I have no access to the internet. After the dialog shows, the internet works ?!?!

Any ideas how to solve this?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What oper. system do you have? If it's NT-based, please go to Admn. tools - Services and make sure the NOD32krn service is set to start automatically at Windows startup. If it is, do you get any error when you try starting it manually?

3. Dear Soren,

I had this problem too on my machine. What happens is that XP is waiting for another service to start (in my case it was the web client service) and the NOD gui gives a time-out because the NOD kernel couldn't load yet. The trick is to set the webclient service to "manual" or "disabled" instead of "automatic" (you normally actually don't need this service anyway). You can do this by typing "services.msc" in the "Run" options in your start menu, or by selecting "services" from the adminstators tools menu.

This should fix the problem!

Henk.

4. Soren

Soren Guest

Thanks, that solved my problem :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.