is the version 9 fully win7 ready yet?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by zfactor, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

just curious. and if not if i buy now will it be soon or when?

2. Caos

Caos Registered Member

3. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Not to be a pain in the a** but according to my tests this version, which actually are build build 8681 (29.07.09 ) using three dll´s from build number build 10081, are NOT fully Windows 7 ready. I´ve noticed frequent crashes, see my post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=253256, and also filed a ticket for that.

The mentioned complete build dated 07-31-2009 (build 10081) that is said to be fully working (except it cant mount archives in Windows 7) is nowhere to be seen, as far as i know. Caos, are you using that build? I am on Windows 7 x64 RTM.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello,

Drive Backup 9 SP 2 supports Windows 7 with the limitation of mounting archives as E-buzz mentioned above. Other than that, DB 9 SP 2 should be able to install, backup, restore, and provide the other major essential features.

We are looking into the known issue with Windows 7 and DB 9's drivers preventing it from mounting. Thank you for being patient and we hope to provide a solution soon.

Tommy

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I would wait for Version 10.

However, I'll need a backup soon after I install Win 7.
    So if Paragon is late, I'd have to look elsewhere.

I forgot to ask, on how many systems may the product be installed according to the license?

6. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

The license is for per machine. If you upgrade your OS, you can reinstall the software without breaking any license agreements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.