New Alternative To MS Office

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LockBox, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Corel says you don't like WordPerfect? Fine, we'll give you a clone of MS Office and make it very light. They did it. It comes in a box with no disks, it's all on a Flash Drive which made for simple installation on my Eee netbook. Great on the desktop too. Really it's a fascinating product. This is Corel sans Wordperfect - it will open WP files, but no wpd saves - this is all about attracting MS Office users with a light program that almost duplicates Office. Without all the Microsoft annoyances.

As I said, Corel Home Office has no Wordperfect - it has Corel Write, which is a program that has a proprietary Corel format out-of-the box, but it's obvious Corel expects NOBODY to keep it that way. You can change the default in 30-seconds and you're good to go with, basically, an MS Office clone. Interface? Your choice! Here's what Corel says:

Familiar workspace
    Select your preferred workspace so you instantly feel comfortable. Choose Tabbed Toolbars, familiar to people experienced with Microsoft Office 2007 Ribbon Toolbars; or regular-sized toolbars, familiar to users of Microsoft Office 2003 or Corel WordPerfect Office.

And they're not kidding. I got mine today and it is really a great piece of software. It also comes with semi-clones of Excel, Powerpoint, etc.

The best descriptions can be found at Amazon. Lots of reviews and Corel's provided information is extensive complete with video. It was just released a few months ago with little fanfare, but it's got some great ratings. And so far for me? I Love It! The flash drive was a nice touch, too.

Oh, it's only $39!

edit: Just discovered they have a free, fully-functional, trial download 30-days.
    Corel Home Office Home Page

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

did u try to d/l it? its a big ~Possibly offensive phrase removed~ mannnn , its first want mail and stuff , than u d/l some odd plugin who claim to be install to the browswer !! wtf!! and finaly it doesnt even start to d/l !!
    ~Possibly offensive phrase removed~ man , i stick to open office ;)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
  3. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

It so closely resembles MS Word I feel a lawsuit coming on.

4. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

How does one make this portable?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.