Paragon Drive Bckup Trial crashes a lot....

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by E-Buzz, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Paragon Drive Backup Trial crashes a lot....

Paragon Drive Backup x64 trial are constantly crashing when trying to access certain parts of the program, for instance Diskview>Volume Explorer and Archives>Hard Disks>Plus sign. Errror message says "A part of Paragon System Utilities has stopped working" and offers to go online for solution or close down the program. I chose the latter.....

I´m on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, all available updates applied. It is the latest published trial verson, the one that is said to be Windows 7 compatible.........What could cause this?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  2. Caos

Caos Registered Member

I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM, and don´t have any problem with my Paragon DriveBackup 9.0 Professional build 8681 (29.07.09 ).

What it´s your version (Professional, Server, Enterprise Server, etc..), and build?

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have the same problems on vista with the paid version of drive backup 9.1 versions including the program which allows restoring to other hardware.
    im gonna wait until the next build comes out. version 9 was fine but 9.1 crashs alot when i last tryed it.
    once a new 9.1 build comes out i will try it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  4. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

I am evaluating version 9.0, build 8681 (29.07.09 )Professional although this one seems to be somewhat of a "Frankenbuild" because of the hdm.dll, version 9.0, release 9, build 10081, biont.dll, version 9.0, release 9, build 10081 and biont.sys, version 9.0, release 9, build 10081 that is present.

5. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

In my line of duty i do a LOT of software testing which means installing and uninstalling a wide range of different programs. For me it is crucial that i have a 100% working and reliable backup solution that allows me to quickly restore the computer to a working state if something goes awfully wrong. Is is also very important that i have the option to mount backup archives when in Windows. The latter is not possible with the backup solutions i´ve tried so far, Acronis, O&O and Paragon. I have paid licenses for both Acronis True Image and O&O Diskimage, but i am not overly satisfied with any of them. Paragon looks powerful and versatile and i was in the process of buying a license for that one too, but now i hesitate.

All the programs have their pros and cons, but i am really surprised that no one has come up with a working and fully compatible solution for Windows7 x64 yet, regarding the fact that it is knock-knock knocking on the door for general availibility. The company that shows up with this will most certainly have a great advantage before the others. Acronis just recently released their "New Generation of Acronis True Image" that is not even compatible with Windows7 so i think we can count them out for the moment. O&O, not heard anything from them at all. Paragon seems to be in the process of making a new, Windows7 x64 compatible, version but the trial now offered does not make me impressed at all. So, what to do? I´m kinda stumped at the moment........

6. Caos

Caos Registered Member

In my opinion they are working on it, remember the oficial released of Windows 7 is in October.

I think Paragon is a good software.

If you can wait, next version 10 it´s coming?

Regards

7. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Yes, i agree with you, i can wait, but according to Paragon_Cisco the most recent build IS compatible with Windows 7: "Only in the most recent build dated 07-31-2009 (build 10081 for Drive Backup Professional) officially supports Windows 7 32 and 64bit versions."

Fair enuff, i only wish they would also let me test that build because the one i downloaded for trial is version 9.0, build 8681 (29.07.09 )Professional with some dll´s from the 10081 build. The 10081 build is, as far as i know, still to be seen as trial. Please correct me if i am wrong though.

8. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello E-Buzz,

Please contact our sales team and we will try to register an updated evaluation version of the Drive Backup 9.0 x64 SP2 compatible with Windows 7.

Service Pack 2 was recently release to update the retail full versions and have not yet been updated with the Trial Versions of the product.

-Tommy

9. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Thank you Sir, much appreciated!

EDIT: Mail sent!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  10. dangerousdave32

dangerousdave32 Registered Member

I also have the same issue, in both vista x64 and windows 7 x64. Volume explorer abd archive cause paragon backup to stop working and then close. Has this issue been resolved yet? I have a full paid version of Pro.

Thanks

Dave

11. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Both yes and no. I filed a bug report and the very helpful support personnel quickly narrowed it down to the presence of a card reader i totally forgot about (it´s in my printer). So that was the problem. I really dont know if they have solved the problem, i think it was driver related, but at least they know what was wrong :)

12. RAD

RAD Registered Member

I have been a user of Paragon Drive Backup since 8.5, and I recently hit this problem under both 9 Personal and 9 Professional.

According to a support tech, it is a known incompatability issue with certain card readers. Go to the official paragon support and fill out a support ticket and you will get fixed up quickly. :thumb:

13. jlo92130

jlo92130 Registered Member

I also am seeing the same error message. I posted the following to Paragon's tech support three days ago but have not heard anything:

I recently downloaded a trial version of Drive Backup Professional 9.0 for my Windows 7 Pro computer. When I click on the Volume Explorer tab and then try to expand the Hard Disks list, Drive Backup aborts with an error message "A part of Paragon System Utilities has stopped working". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Drive backup but the problem remains. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

14. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hi jlo92130,

Check if you have any external memory card readers attached via usb. Disconnect and launch Paragon again to see if it behaves differently. If the memory card readers are internal, for instance, on a printer or part of the computer tower, go to Disk Manager management and temporarily disable the device.

Right click on "My Computer", click Manage. In Computer Management, locate Disk Management and right-click any "removable" devices > properties > change "device usage" to "disable"

Also, if you can provide the error code you received, it will help us identify exactly what is it.

15. Ghostrider26

Ghostrider26 Registered Member

I have the same problem - Is there a fix for this or is the only option to disable the removable drive?

16. Ghostrider26

Ghostrider26 Registered Member

TTT

Still hoping/looking for a solution to this very annoying problem.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.