Can not deactivate on of my 2 PC licenses

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by ace11, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

I just can not de-cativate PREVX 3 licenses from one of my PC :

I just get this error message (@ my.prevx.com):

Error: (CHK008 ) It is not possible to remove another system from this license at this time

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Can you please PM me your license key and let me know what PC you would like deactivated? I will take care of it ASAP :)

3. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

PM sent -
    Thank you for your help ,

waiting for problem resolution. :shifty:

4. PrevxHelp

Done :)

5. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

Thank you : PrevxHelp . :thumb:

Amazing support! - technical problem resolved 10 min after my 1st message.
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

6. erreale

erreale Registered Member

I have the same problem.

7. PrevxHelp

Hello,
    Can you please send me a PM with your license key so that I can reset it?

Thanks! :)

8. erreale

erreale Registered Member

Thanks!

The Excelent Prevx Customer Service has correct the problem into 5 minutes.

9. takesport

takesport Registered Member

I have the same problem. The system cant not use PM now.My server seems infected by some bugs, please help.

10. PrevxHelp

Can you please write into our customer support inbox at http://www.prevx.com/support or email your license key to report@prevxresearch.com so that we can sort it out?

Thanks! :)

11. Wrathwielder

Wrathwielder Registered Member

I know you guys are quick to respond and everything, but WHY does this problem keep happening?

I reloaded my OS in Aug - your system wouldn't let me activate or deactivate
    I reloaded my OS in Sep - same problem
    I just just loaded Win7 and you guessed it - same problem...

Why can't you just fix this bug instead of making each of us contact you to have you deactivate for us? I'm sitting here at 11:00 PM and I'm trying to load Prevx and you're not available.

Why do you even HAVE the nice License Maintenance site if it won't let us maintain our legitimate licenses? Does it just give us a certain number of activations and then cuts us off? If so, PLEASE state that somewhere on your site so people are made aware that they will have to deal personally with you every time they need to deactivate or reactivate!

Last time I was told you would look in to why this was happening - that was September and it appears that nothing has been resolved.

I've already sent my "official" tech support request to have you "do your thing" yet again (I've got quite a long ongoing thread with you about this) so I have no doubt that you will be able to manually fix it yet again, but I'd like some info as to why you can't take care of this once and for all.
    If I want to reload my OS every week shouldn't I be able to deactivate and reactivate as often as I need to? Not that I am planning on doing that, but I'm just curious...

Also, once you fix it for me again, I'm planning on reactivating, deactivating, and then reactivating again just to test it out and make sure it's fixed this time and I won't run into it again down the road...

Thanks for listening to my rant! I swear I'm not usually like this, but after having the same problem 3 times with nothing being resolved it just wears me out... :(

-Greg

12. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Though you were a bit angry, but thats what exactly I had in my mind. Asking support each time would require around 3-4 hrs. average, while the customers SHOULD have the ability to control own licenses.

Regards
    Subhro

13. papillonn

papillonn Registered Member

i have also this issue.

14. PrevxHelp

Hello Greg,
    This is not a bug - we tie the license key down to the operating system installation. We are working on moving our system to look at hardware details as well but they aren't as reliable as operating system details (i.e. for virtual machines) so we will be using it as an amendment to our existing system rather than a replacement.

We need to lock the license keys down to prevent abuse. It is definitely a case of "1% who are bad inconveniencing the 99% who are good", but that is how everything is in life... needing locks on doors, security systems, fraud protection, etc.

Unfortunately, we have had many users who will buy one cleanup license and then try and clean up many dozens of PCs with it - likely as part of a cleanup service they're running where they charge their customers and then steal our software to perform the cleanup.

Therefore, we do need to lock down the licenses and choosing to lock them down to the operating system is effective, but we all agree it can be annoying when you need to frequently reinstall your OS.

We try and fix the license keys as quickly as possible but at the moment it is generally a manual process, although we are actively working to change this and loosen up the restrictions by cross referencing the OS with the physical PC.

Let me know if you have any questions or if Support hasn't responded to reset your license yet. As always, feel free to send me a PM with your license key and I'll get it reset as quickly as possible :)

15. Wrathwielder

Hi!

Yes, support has reset the key for me again.
    I was a little bit put off that they didn't address any of my questions - they basically said it was reset and that was it (I had left them a similarly LONG message as well) :)
    You however DID address them in here, so I appreciate that! :)

I now understand how the system could be abused - I guess there are people out there who would do just what you said and bounce it from machine to machine possibly for profit...

I guess I thought it strange that you would even HAVE the license console for us if it never allows us to do anything, but I also have always been changing/reloading my OS each time so I guess I never got a chance to see it work on the same machine without an OS change...

I guess the reason I was upset was because I got the impression it was a bug when your tech support told me they would be "looking into it to see why it was happening" when all along it was acting as it should...

Thanks again for your response! :)

-Greg

16. PrevxHelp

No problem - although I'm surprised they didn't go back and answer them. Could you PM me your email address so I can find the message?

There is a "grace period" of a few user-driven license changes (I'm not sure of the exact number but it is around 3-4 machine changes) before we lock it down. I'll do some testing here to make sure that the grace period is working properly, as that could indeed have an issue which is incorrectly locking users out too quickly.

I suspect this is was a mistake - moving licenses is by far our most common support request but if you send me your email address I'll be able to circle back with the technician who responded to you and clear up any misunderstandings they may have :)

Thanks for your patience with this, and as always, let me know if you have any questions!

17. Wrathwielder

Sent you a PM :)

18. takesport

takesport Registered Member

Thank you, I mailed my license by the customer support inbox.

19. papillonn

papillonn Registered Member

Support of prevx is really fast. I got activated.

20. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Have the same problem, PM sent...

/C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.