How to disable third-party cookies in Firefox 3.5?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Gullible Jones, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefox 3.0.x had the option to never accept third party cookies, but 3.5 RC doesn't and fails a test of whether the browser accepts such cookies. Seeing as I cannot think of any good reason to keep third party cookies enabled, how can I turn them off in 3.5?

(Or, seeing as Mozilla insists on stupidly removing important settings options like this, should I just switch to Chrome?)

2. Eice

Eice Registered Member

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

This is from Firefox 3.5

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  4. arran

arran Registered Member

I use CS Lite add on. this way you can block 3rd party cookies and global cookies and create a white list of sites that you need cookies for.

5. TigerPaw

TigerPaw Registered Member

My experience is that a new install of FF 3.5 where none has ever been before or an install after a complete uninstall of 3.0.12 gives the unhelpful default of "Remember history," which shows none of the cookie management options everyone is used to from earlier versions of firefox.

ff35privacy.jpg

Again, in my experience, simply installing OVER ff 3.0.12 or after uninstalling 3.0.12 but leaving all my user data intact (the usual uninstall prior to a ff upgrade), gives the "use custom settings for history" that others have shown above. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks to those who showed those screenshots. Some of us saw the other options but lacked the curiosity at first to try them. :oops:

And yet...why would Mozilla change the default to "don't show the user anything powerful"? You might as well do something like defaulting Windows OS versions all the way up to 7 RC to NOT show file extensions. Oh, wait, that's been done, too, hasn't it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.