Duplicate email in thunderbird w/ IMAP account

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by epeisach, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epeisach

epeisach Registered Member

I am evaluating ESET and downloaded the security sweet on friday (version 4.0.437). I am using thunderbird configured w/ three IMAP accounts.

Two of the accounts are using SSL, the last is not using a secure connection. On this last account, when I receive a message, sometimes when I view the message a new one appears which is a duplicate - with the addition of some extra header lines referencing ESET... This is annoying... The server is running cmu-sieve.

I have enabled the offline cache as recommended somewhere...

Now this does not happen w/ every message... So far - mainly text ones...

Any suggestions? I would not like to have to disable email support...

2. epeisach

Okay - all three are now using IMAP/ssl - so should be consistent...

I do not have any idea what could be happening here - and with only one mail account...

3. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

Does your server support UIDPlus Extension (http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4315.txt)?
    I haven't tried cmu-sieve server yet.

This can happened when Thunderbird don't get notification that message was uploaded and therefore message isn't deleted. I encountered with this problem with other servers and my general result is that it can happend on those servers didn't supported UIDPlus extension.
    I reported it. Hopefully ESET will fix it in some next build.

4. epeisach

I decided to move my thunderbird configuration out of way and started up thunderbird - to create a new profile... Now everything works properly. I will start to load up the addons to see what happens... Maybe there is a conflict..

With regards to CMU-sieve - that is being used for spam filtering - I do not know what server the site is using...

Ezra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.