Windows 7 Homegroup and ESET Firewall.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Allain, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allain

Allain Registered Member

I'm having problems with my Eset Smart Security 4 that comes with a firewall. I'm sharing my 2 laptops with Windows 7 RC1 and trying to connect thru Homegroup. My first laptop uses Eset Smart Security and the other one uses Windows Firewall. When I try to connect both with Homegroup, I cannot detect it. When I disable the "Firewall of the Eset Smart Security", the Homegroup start to function properly. It detects the files what I share. But then I want to Enable the Firewall of the Eset. Whenever I enable it, the Homegroup doesn't function. I don't know how to create RULES or EXCEPTIONS on the firewall. Please someone help me. Give me instructions.

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you very much.

2. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Enable learning mode (F5 -> firewall settings) for a period you connect to the homegroup and switch then to automatic mode with exceptions or you can enable interactive mode and allow communication when prompted.

3. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Might want to also totally disable the Windows 7 Firewall Service, not just disable the Windows 7 Firewall in the UI.

Also, make sure Windows ICS Service is disabled. It should already be disabled by default.

4. Allain

Allain Registered Member

tHank you for the reply. i will try it and post the results. thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.