Version 4.0.424 blocks access to the internet

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PaulWilliams, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulWilliams

PaulWilliams Registered Member

I had the same problem with the version 3.XX, tried KB Solutions ID: SOLN2217, but still the same problem. Decided to uninstall version 3 and install the latest Version 4.0.424. Same problem. I must uninstall NOD32 to get Internet access, and ESET will not respond to my support email.

This is a bad situation, and I'm referring to poor support (no support) from ESET even though I have a purchased license.

Is ESET a garage shop operation? The product use to work for me.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Couldn't it be that you have a firewall installed which blocks Internet access for ekrn.exe ? Does disabling HTTP scanning in the setup make a difference?

3. PaulWilliams

PaulWilliams Registered Member

Hello Marcos,

Thank you for your suggestion. I disabled HTTP scanning and IE worked, but Outlook didn't. However, disabling HTTP scanning defeats the purpose of the product, and I know something unaware to me changed to start all this. With that thought in mind I did a complete NOD32 scan, and nothing found. Then I tried running regedit to take a look at some settings, but it wouldn't start (it killed and restarted explorer). After this I realized my computer was infected, and I found this malware:

http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2008/10/fake-sysaudiosys-causes-searchengine.html

I successfully removed it, and restored NOD32 to the default settings. Now it works.

4. TWaz

TWaz Registered Member

I had a similar issue with NOD32 but I had just purchased it and was never able to connect to the internet with it.

After reading this (and several frustrating days) I tried to run regedit but it wouldn't run.

I restored to an earlier restore point and ran a Malware removal program which found several trojans.

Internet is working now with NOD32 4.0 with default settings.

XP (fully up to date), IE8

TW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.