usercashcom.dll is it a trojan ??

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Vasot, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vasot

Vasot Registered Member

Hi
    I have discovered a file called usercashcom.dll in my C:Windows\System32\Plugins\YouCrypt

Nod32 4.0.424.0 does not seem to recognize it as a dangerous file but from what it have heard around the net it maybe a potential Trojan.Clicker.Win32.Pophot.au

I want to confirm if this file is dangerous..
    Thanks

2. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Kind of obvious for a trojan, really more of a big nose/glasses/mustache disguise that fools no one.

3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

I find this to be the best utility to confirm if a file is dangerous. Kaspersky are often weeks ahead of ESET in terms of new variants, and if something looks dodgy and ESET says it's clear, Kaspersky's online scanner invariably find a threat. ESET will find the same threat a few days/weeks later....

We use ESET (250 users) as it's easier to manage than Kaspersky, even though it's not as thorough.

Jim

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  4. Vasot

Vasot Registered Member

I checked the file with the Kaspersky utility and says that i am clean but i will still keep an eye on it...

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1261/suspiciousfileisclean.jpg

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You can send the file in a .ZIP or .RAR archive protected with a password of "infected" to ESET's virus lab at samples@eset.sk if you would like for them to examine it.

Be sure to include information such as why you think the file might be malicious (activities you have observed that is, beyond the name), location(s) in which it was found on your computer and any other information you think might be relevant or helpful for analysis.

Also, include a link to this message thread and your contact information in the message, in case they have any questions.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.