Manual uninstall of NOD32 4.0 in safe mode?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by vodalp, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vodalp

vodalp Registered Member

I could only find a manual uninstall of NOD32 3.0 process document on ESET's site, and the suggested steps in this forum that I could find didn't work (ESET uninstall from Start, Programs) on a Windows 2003 server using NOD32 4.0.

So if someone is aware of a manual process for NOD32 4.0 that would be great to see; I'm guessing it's mostly identical to the version 3.0 process, but don't want to assume.

I had installed version 4.0.424 on a WS2003 terminal server and was working fine for a few days; now became unresponsive with lots of Event 2020 from the Srv service. Hard reboot, server wouldn't go past "Applying computer settings".

Workaround was to boot into Safe Mode, set the ESET service to Manual, reboot server into normal mode. Uninstall NOD32 4.0, reboot, install NOD32 3.0.684.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The procedure is the same.Just uninstall the program from Safe Mode where its service/drivers are not active and you'll be fine . Cleaning the registry or leftovers(files and folders) after that can be done in Normal mode.

3. vodalp

vodalp Registered Member

Uninstalling in Safe Mode failed, whether from Add/Remove or from Programs\ESET\Uninstall. First method complained that MS Installer service wasn't running; second method complained that the app wasn't even installed.

4. kantjer

kantjer Registered Member

Have you seen this posting in the knowledge base. It solved the problem for me. Only removing the old folder was only possible after I renamed them and rebooted (running Vista 64 SP2).

5. vodalp

vodalp Registered Member

That article is now up there (3 days after this issue) but I already resolved as noted in my first post. Thanks for the link though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.