Specify Location of the Volume 1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by billw947, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billw947

billw947 Registered Member

I am a new user. I cannot recover one file. I get the message: "Specify Location of the Volume 1". This occurs for the files from the C:drive only. The files from the D: drive are okay. My hard drive(s) is raid 1(mirrored) and is partitioned into a C: and D: The back up files are on another larger hard drive connected by SATA to the the motherboard. The computer is a Dell 8400 with windows XP Media Center. Windows explorer gives a similar error when the backup hard drive is searched. The file is located in an incremental backup. The initial full backup does not have this problem. Ignoring the warning does not allow me to recover any files that are from the C: drive. thanks

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello billw947,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

It seems that the incremental backup file is corrupted. Could you please verify the incremental archive and let us know the results? Also, are you able to mount the archive?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. billw947

billw947 Registered Member

A fatal error occurs when trying to mount the volume (3 jpegs)

When Validating the same error appears as before (1 jpeg)

Attached Files:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello billw947,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The incremental backup file is corrupted. Please delete the incremental file and create a new one. Validate the archive and see if the issue remains.

Please note that Acronis True Image Home 2009 stores information about the backup archives in a metadata information database, you must manage backup archives (e.g. delete some of them) by using the program's tools and not Windows Explorer. To manage your backup archives, go to the Manage and restore screen by clicking Manage and Restore on the Welcome screen or selecting Backup and Restore -> Manage and Restore on the sidebar.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.