ZoneAlarm Patch Tuesday Offer: ZA Internet Security 2009 for $9.95

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by vijayind, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

ZoneAlarm is back with a new Patch Tuesday offer. No freebie this time, but a deep discount will be available.

Source (PCMag)
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2344784,00.asp

2. thathagat

thathagat Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
  3. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Re: zonealarm 24 hr promotion offer on 14 April

Thanks man.

4. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

If i buy it, will the one year start from today or from when i start using the key (etc in a week or month)?

5. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Well during the last free key offer from ZA the subscription started from the day of issue (today). So I am guessing its the same here too.

6. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

From the site:

This offer is valid for 24 hours (April 14, 2009 6am PDT to April 15, 2009, 6am PDT)

* License valid for one year (4/14/09 to 4/14/10)
    * License valid for up to 3 PCs
    * This offer is valid for new customers only *
    * Limit one per customer

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

It would make a difference if the key could be saved. I don't need to use the suite now, but I would definitely buy the license if I can hold on to it for a while. Perhaps someone could comment here when they know for sure?

8. chaos

chaos Registered Member

Just grabbed a fresh copy of it...Though I have other subscriptions for security programs I find it a good offer .
    I will not install it now so I am not absolutely sure if the subscription starts today or the day the key is activated.But I think it starts counting from the day the key is entered to the program.
    Along with the key I got this message...Read and tell me what you think.
    YOU MUST INSTALL YOUR NEW LICENSE KEY.
    THIS PRODUCT WILL STOP WORKING IF NOT ACTIVATED WITH THIS KEY!

Installing your License Key
    Open the ZoneAlarm Control Center by clicking the ZoneAlarm logo in the system tray in the lower right corner of your Windows desktop. Click on "Overview" located on the left side of the Control Center screen. Then click on "Product Info". In the Product Info section, you will see "Licensing Information". Click the "Change Lic" button in this section. A new window titled "License Information" will open showing your current license key.
    Copy the 27 digit license key shown above on this webpage and paste it in place of any key listed in the "License Information" window open on your Windows desktop. Once you have pasted the new key, click "Apply". If you have been successful, you will get a message "Your license key was successfully installed". The time remaining on your update service (license key subscription), may not update immediately and could take up to 48 hours. Congratulations, you have completed the license key installation process.
    If you get an error message "Invalid License Key", contact ZoneAlarm Customer Support for further help.
    Note: For error-free results, do not enter your license key by hand - Copy and Paste it.

9. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

chaos, after how much time have you received the purchase email ( I believe the email with the to purchase link )? Thank you.

10. chaos

chaos Registered Member

It was not an email ...
    After I entered my credit card information and I hit the Purchase button I was taken to a new page with my code and some info on how to install that code.It took about 5 sec to verify the payment and then voila the code...Almost instantly...

11. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Thank you for your reply. Actually earlier when I tried to purchase it prompted me to enter my name and email and informed me that I have to wait until an email with a purchase link arrive in my inbox. A bit later trying again...appeared the process you have mentioned. All fine now. Thank you again for your reply.

12. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Regarding whether the license can be saved or not, this text was copied from the website:

* License valid for one year (4/14/09 to 4/14/10)
    * License valid for up to 3 PCs
    * This offer is valid for new customers only *
    * Limit one per customer

This makes it clear that the clock is ticking as of today. Too bad since it wouldn't be useful to me until my current subscription to a different suite is finished.

13. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I tried the suite, but there was a noticeable slow down in everything even after a couple of reboots. If it was lighter I would give it a longer run, but its gone for now.

14. gery

gery Registered Member

it is not as heavy as some others but yes i have it running and it seems heavy. it think it is cheap and worth the price

15. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

The price is great for 1 year / 3 pc license. Not that heavy really.

16. gery

gery Registered Member

The suite doesn't have a link scanner sort of protection or the spysite blocking does the sort of protection?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.