Unable to create static copy...

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Clive T, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

After years of flawless running I've just started getting static snapshot error 1259 each time I try to back up my main snapshot. The text of the error is "unable to create static copy of active snapshot".

I've done a fresh reinstall of FD-ISR, choosing the option to delete previous snapshots in the process but a copy operation just stops with this error after 2 seconds.

I suspect this has something to do with the VSS service, which appears to be running OK, though.

Any suggestions I could try?

2. Clive T

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

If you are using current versions of both there should be no conflict.

Pete

4. Clive T

I am using latest versions of both and there is indeed a conflict. Stopping the shadowprotect service enables FD-ISR to run OK (as well as Ultimate Defrag which also had the hump). Dragging my brain back a few days I remember installing the latest SP (3.3) over an existing installation.

I'll uninstall SP completely and reinstall. I'll post back here with an update.

5. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Is your problem with Ultimate Defrag regarding the inability to do a boot time defrag?

Maybe the ShadowProtect service is causing this bug also.

6. Peter2150

No, That was one of the first thing I tried. I run FDISR all the time, and on one machine even have Continous Incrementals running with VSS and have no conflict with FDISR running VSS. No conflict on either machine.

Pete

7. Clive T

OK, problem solved. The issue was with a WMI (VSS) writer not responding properly.

I followed some of the non-software specific steps set out here which basically reset and re-registered some components. However, I couldn't tell you which particular step solved the problem!

8. Peter2150

Hi Clive_t

Glad you got it.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.