Error #1364 - "A specified authentication package is unknown

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CMJ, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMJ

CMJ Registered Member

When I try to either setup my additional hard drive, or clone another drive to it, I get the following error.

"Failed to execute the task script. Error #1364 - "A specified authentication package is unknown (0xFFF0)".\

This hard drive I'm attempting to set up is an internal 1tb sataII that came in my computer. I already successfully cloned its contents to a smaller 250gb hard drive so I could run Vista from the smaller one, and now I want to make a duplicate of my graphics files from a 500gb on the 1tb as a secondary backup.

The 1tb drive has a small eisa partition on it that was originally the manufacturer's recovery partition, but as I've already cloned it to the 250gb, I don't care if it gets wiped out and the two partitions merged.

Online searching suggested that error 1364 is a result of a missing Authentication Packages entry in the registry, but I looked and I still have that entry. Most also seems to suggest it's realted to network drives, but I don't have a network set up.

I could manually copy my contents to this drive, but now I'm wondering if something is wrong with it and that my data wouldn't be safe from corruption.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello CMJ,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

What is the exact title of Acronis program and the build number? Make sure that you are using the latest build of the program. Check the latest build using this link

Have you tried to use Acronis bootable disc to clone the drive? What are the results?

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. debrene

debrene Registered Member

I also have the same problem. Acronis True Image 2009, IE 8,Vista Home Pemium. Cant clone or even create a backup..
    Any help would be greatly apprecited.

4. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

the only time I've seen this error it was network related 2 things you can try
    1. setup a home network
    2. set your firewall from internet to trusted zone if it's connected to a LAN.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

To resolve the issue please add the appropriate value in the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Please see the article available in Microsoft KB.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

6. schmitty23

schmitty23 Registered Member

Using Acronis True Image 2009 ... not sure where the build number is located. I just downloaded it this morning, if that helps.OS is Vista 32bit

I have the same issue and followed the MS article - I already had the registry entry there. Also made sure the Netlogin service was started, though that shouldn't be needed for a local backup.

Also, I've had this version crash a bunch either directly on launch or when I've selected to do a partition backup.

7. cwoodhouse

cwoodhouse Registered Member

Reporting I have same problem. Vista Business 32, Build 9709. Following MS article also-Lsa key is present and Netlogon is running. Help!

8. dwhite23

dwhite23 Registered Member

I also have the same problem.

I'm trying to set up a "secure zone" on Vista Ultimate x64. I have the Lsa key, and Netlogon is running.

9. nhoeller

nhoeller Registered Member

I just ran into the 'Error #1364' problem trying to clone one external harddrive to another using Acronis TrueImage Home 2009 (Build 9709). When I checked the Schedule for the clone task, I noticed that the password for my Vista admin account was blank. Entering the password allowed me to successfully start the clone operation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.