spyware guard 22

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rox, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rox

rox Guest

HI
    i was wondering if there is a fix patch for spyware guard 22.
    i have downloaded it and seem to be encountering some problems.
    i get no menu. when i double click on the red sg on my desktop it just gives me a black screen for 1minute.then goes back to normal. i can't uninstall it.
    please help. it is causing problems with other programs. or is this how the program is suposed to run.
    thanks

2. rox

rox Guest

:doubt:hello

3. rox

rox Guest

if anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Can you give us some more background on the issue? What version of Windows are you running? What are your general system specs? These answers and any information on other "resident" products you are running (like an anti-virus, anti-trojan, etc.) might help us determine the reason for the problem...

But, as for uninstalling it, we can help you with that.

You see, what's happening is there is a conflict (as you already know, of course) somewhere that is killing off Windows Explorer when you try to access SG in any way. It is not that common, but it is a problem others have seen and reported.

So, we have a way for you to disable SG so that you can uninstall it cleanly. 1. There is a file you can download and execute that will disable SpywareGuard. 2. Immediately after executing the file, you reboot your system and SG should come up disabled instead of active. 3. At that point you can disable the rest of SpywareGuard and then uninstall it.

Take a look at the last two posts in this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=13029;start=msg83561#msg83561

The very last post has a blue link to the file you need to download (it's the "sg-remove-hook.reg (direct file link)). You can right-click on that link and save the file to your system. Once you have it, double-click on it to "merge the fix into the registry" which will deactivate SG upon the following reboot.

See also this thread for how to fully disable and Exit SpywareGuard after that reboot:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=21071

Let us know if you have other questions if any of this is unclear.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2004
  5. rox

rox Guest

low water mark
    thankyou for replying.
    i am running windows xp pro.2003
    i'm running norton systems works 2003
    and i also have adaware 6 running.
    i will try this link you posted.
    thanks again

6. rox

rox Guest

thanks sooo much for your help.
    i have removed the program sucessfully.
    i think that program should specify more clearly how engaged it becomes into your system,and how hard it is to remove from ur computer if you encounter problems.
    thanks again :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.