ATI 2009 Vista Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dogbreath, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogbreath

dogbreath Registered Member

I bought ATI 8 quite a while ago for use on an XP PC and it worked fine.

On the strength of that experience, I've just bought ATI 2009 for a laptop running Vista Home Premium.

After installing the above on the Vista laptop, I tried to save an image to an external HDD but this failed at the final stage.

Uninstalled Acronis using RevoUninstaller, did a registry clean using Eusing FRC.

Tried to reinstall Acronis but got the message that installation had been interrupted before completion and that the installation wizard should be rerun.

The installation fails every time giving the same error message.

Has anyone else got any ideas to get ATI working?

TIA

db.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

To solve your current problem - check to make sure that your temp folder is empty.

Located at C:\users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\Temp (in Vista)

For your original problem what was the error message in the log?

Colin

3. dogbreath

Tbh, I cannot remember the text of the original error message, save to say that as the process moved though the stages (9?) it baulked on the very last one.

I will try to remove temp folders and attempt another reinstall.

Thanks.

4. dogbreath

After removing temp files, ATI 2009 did install. Thanks.

Running the program resulted in "You do not have enough privileges to get full access to all Acronis True Image Home functionality."

Retrying to run the application as Administrator resulted in the same message.

Any ideas?

Out of interest, should Acronis have been installed whilst logged in as Administrator.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Yes, or disable the UAC.

Colin

6. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

On Vista, you are never logged in "as administrator". Rather, Vista runs every account as a standard user and prompts for elevation to admin when required.

Try right-clicking on the TI installer program and choosing "Run as administrator". Also, select "install for all users" in the installer dialog.

7. dogbreath

Have just followed bodgy's advice about disabling the UAC, but to no avail. Am still getting the message, "You do not have enough privileges to get full access to all Acronis True Image Home functionality."

Will now try an uninstall, registry clean, removal of temp files followed by a reinstall using k0lo's advice regarding running the installer as admin..

8. dogbreath

Just done all that.

No joy.

Attempted a reinstall using Run As Admin after an uninstall using Revo, a reg clean using Eusing FRC and after emptying temp files from C:\users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\Temp.

The install accepts the serial key, continues to progress until the end of the second progress bar....then that bar moves to the left and the install baulks.

Any more ideas, please.

9. dogbreath

Just in case I'm missing something here, if any of you guys were going to try to crack this thing for yourself, based upon where you can see that I'm up to so far...

...literally, step by step, what would you try next.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

dogbreath,

1. Temporally disable your Anti-Virus software (including Firewalls)

2. Manually delete the content of the following folder: C:\Users\[account_name]\AppData\Local\Temp

3. Disable Windows User Account Control (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account On or Off -> Uncheck “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer".

4. Try to install the product again from the scratch.

If the problem persists, please do the following:

1. Launch the product installation file;

2. Once the Acronis product installation screen appears, right-click on the name of the component that fails to install. You should see two options there: Install and Extract. Select Extract;

3. Select the path for extracting the component and click Save. You should select C partition, and leave the auto-created file name.

4. Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i C:\AcronisTrueImage.msi /l*v C:\msilog.log

5. Reproduce the problem and obtain the log file created during the installation;

6. Attach the log file to your post.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

11. dogbreath

Doing the above enabled me to install Acronis TI 2009. After rebooting, I tried to launch Acronis with Admin priveleges and was again greeted by the message, "You do not have enough privileges to get full access to all Acronis True Image Home functionality."

Cannot get beyond this point.

Any ideas, please?

12. Acronis Support

Hello dogbreath,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please try to configure the program to always run elevated

1. Right-click on the program that is not likely to have been assigned an administrative token, such as a word processing application.

2. Click Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.

3. Under Privilege Level, select Run this program as an administrator, and then click OK.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

13. dogbreath

Sorry about the delay.

Tried to attach msi.log, but it's too big to post and too big to attach as a text document (2311KB). Help still required. N.B. On this occasion, ATI 'did' install but on launching the application, got the message "You do not have enough privileges to get full access to all Acronis True Image Home functionality."

How do I get the log to this site?

14. dogbreath

15. Acronis Support

Hello dogbreath,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

First of all I would recommend you completely uninstall Acronis True Image Home 2009 using the following Acronis KB article

Then boot into Safe Mode and install the program once again. If the issue persists disable temporarily any antivirus software and see if it helps. If the issue remains attach the following diagnostic information to your next reply:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application:
    http://download.acronis.com/support/devicetree_Vista.zip
    - Run the application from "i386" folder (run the 64-bit version of Device tree from "x64" folder if you have Windows Vista 64-bit);
    - Completely unfold (click on all plus signs) the \Driver\partmgr and \Driver\volmgr branches;
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot and send it to us.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

16. dogbreath

Thanks again.

After a complete ATI uninstall including manual registry clean, got a BSOD on reboot. Rebooted into Safe Mode and tried to install ATI from there.

Same result in Safe Mode. Insufficient privileges even to launch the installer!

You refer to unpacking the Device Tree app in the I386 folder. Where is this in Vista?

17. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

It is the winsxs folder, however it doesn't have the same structure as XP I386.

Colin

18. dogbreath

Thanks Colin.

Can someone confirm that it is still OK to open the Device Tree app in the winsxs folder?

19. Acronis Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.