True Image 11 will not restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 1980MetalHead, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1980MetalHead

1980MetalHead Registered Member

I have True Image 11 (build 8101) on a Windows XP Pro with two hard drives in a RAID 0 configuration. I created a back up image file last July when I rebuilt my computer with the new hard drives. Now my computer is getting slow on boot up and several other things. I've read thru numerous posts here, but haven't seen the exact problem I have. When I go thru the restore process and it reboots, it doesn't restore. It reboots and shows the Acronis wizard and when it starts to show initializing C: (The "Current restore operation" operation started) then it stops and boots to a DOS like screen with many details that make no sense. I've ran the Acronis report and it showed no errors for the C: drive, but I'm running a scan disk anyway and it did display "REPLACING INVALID SECURITY ID WITH DEFAULT SECURITY ID FOR FILE (5-DIGIT)" for numerous files. I've validated the backup archive file and it had no errors. I've attached a picture of the DOS like screen. I've tried using the boot disc, but it doesn't recognize the C:, but rather my internal backup HD where I have the backup image stored on and won't restore. I finally got it to start the restore process (long story), but popped up and error about writing to data to disc. I clicked ignore to all and it ran the process. Now it won't boot into Windows and I get the windows root system32 hal.dll error. I tried doing a Windows repair and it wouldn't work due to possible bad sector. Ran chkdsk and now I have an error with my RAID - it won't recognize the RAID 0 I have setup. I tried to re-create them, but didn't work. I'm now low-level formatting both HD's and will try and rebuild the RAID and try to restore. Anyone have any ideas? I restored another computer with RAID 0 and it worked perfectly.o_O

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 1980MetalHead,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please configure the RAID array and let me know the license number for Acronis True Image 11 Home via PM. I will provide you with an ISO file to create another Acronis Booting Rescue Media, we should try to recover the archive under it.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. 1980MetalHead

1980MetalHead Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.