Playon Media Server: How to disable from v3 or v4 ???

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by though, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. though

though Registered Member

hello,

i have been a nod32 user for years and run it on all my personal and business machines. i've also recommended it to dozens of other friends and businesses...

problem: i just recently started using 'Playon media server' to stream hulu, cbs, espn, etc to my ps3 in my living room. the service is excellent and i like it a lot. however, when nod32 is enabled, i get a lot of data corrupt, timeouts, etc, but when i disable nod32 it runs 100% solid. i would like to know how i can turn off nod32 scanning for this program/streaming so i can successfully use playon. the playon people are telling me to swith to AVG antivirus (which is free).

please help!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling web protection or better HTTP scanning make a difference? What oper. system are you using?

3. though

though Registered Member

i'll try those out when i get back and report back. i'm using vista32.

thanks.

4. though

though Registered Member

ok, i have thoroughly tested this for 2 days. when i disable nod32 COMPLETELY, it works flawlessly. when i only disable those 2 settings that you mention, it does NOT work.

anything else i can try? i am using the latest v4 on vista32.

thanks for your help!

5. though

though Registered Member

should i just try switching to AVG like the playon guys recommend? it's free?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you have v3 installed previously? If not, please uninstall v4 and install v3 downloadable from here. This will allow you to exclude that application from being checked by placing a red cross next to it in the "Web browsers" section of the HTTP setup.

7. though

though Registered Member

yes, i did have v3 previously and it didn't work with it either. i believe i tried the 'red cross' next to it in the web browsers section and it still didn't work. if i disable http scanning entirely in v4, isn't that doing the same thingo_O?

8. though

though Registered Member

i never thought i would say this, but im going to try AVG antivirus. that's what they recommened. i'll report my findings...

thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.