Schedular System Start-up File Check Scan and License Details

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by xMarkx, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I'm having a couple of minor problems with ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.

(1) See screenshot below. How come the system start-up file check scan runs after each successful update maximum once per 24 hours as it's supposed to, but the system start-up file check scan at user log-on (boot-up) has never ran at all, not even once?

(2) License details in Protection status and About tabs are missing. Sometimes they're there, sometimes they are not. I'd prefer if it was consistent in staying on the Protectus status and About tabs. Also, see screenshot below.

Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks,

Mark.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, I'd suggest installing EAV v. 4.0.314 to see if it makes a difference. As for retrieving the license expiry date, wait at least 24 hours to see if the date appears in the program. You can also try toggling advanced mode and selecting Help -> Verify license validity

3. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello Marcos,

Thank you for your reply.

Although I'm looking forward to upgrading to v4, I'm not quite ready to update to v4 yet. v3 is quite stable for me and I've heard that v4 still has a few bugs to be sorted out.

I thought I should also mention that the system start-up scan not scanning at user logon only happens on my Windows Vista computer. My Windows XP computer does the system start-up scan at user logon like normal.

Also, when I toggle to advanced mode and select help at the top right corner of the UI, I don't see a "Verify license validity" option. In the meantime, I will update you if the license details come back automatically. Why would they keep disappearing and reappearing every so often anyways though (is this a glitch or is it intended?)

Thanks,

Mark.

4. Marcos

We'll check it out on Vista. Do you have UAC enabled?

I was mistaken, I reckon this is a new feature of v4.

5. Waterfox

Waterfox Registered Member

Same issue on EAV v.4.0.314.0 as well. Sometimes the license is there and sometimes is not, have final version installed since march 3rd.
    When verifiying license validity this error shows:
    License could not be verified. Please enable access to the expiration database server exp01.eset.com

6. Marcos

Just wait a bit and the information will appear there.

7. AJStevens

AJStevens Registered Member

From what I've been told by Eset personnel and personal experience:

The license expiry only shows after several successful updates (in which it actually downloads an update, so sitting there hitting update won't work).

The license expiry information will not show up if you're using a mirror (network, A Drive, USB Flashdrive etc.).

Lastly, if you've recently purchased the license or renewed it, the expiry information won't show up for a while, until Eset's servers have sync'd or whatever, this can be particularly long if you left it late to renew.

So, don't rely on it being there a lot basically.

8. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I have User Account Control enabled. I don't get a prompt asking me if ESET NOD32 Antivirus wants to start or anything. How would this effect it?

Also, are there any reasons why my license details keep disappearing, and then reappear after a few days for a day or two?

Thanks,

Mark.

9. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello Marcos,

Did you ever look into the Scheduler System Start-up File Check Scan issue of the scan not running at user logon (on Vista)? It still to this day hasn't done one scan at user logon.

Regards,

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.