Hope for Offline Update!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Patrick99, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick99

Patrick99 Guest

I think nod32 should have the feature offline update, just like the norton or mcafee antivirus.

Also I often find that the update servers (u1-4.eset.com) are extremely slow. Is there any other mirrors I can connect to?

2. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

NOD32 has this feature. In admin versoin, you can create directory for mirroring update files. If you put this files on portable medium, you can update any NOD32 instalation by addding let's say (if e.g. D: is your DVD drive) D:\ to update servers from DVD drive. I hope this is what you think under "offline update".

Regards, m.

3. Patrick99

Patrick99 Guest

But where can I download the "update files"? I really don't want to use the build-in update function.

What I mean is that I can download the latest virus definition files through website. E.g. in Norton, going to the following url can download it:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/download/pages/US-N95.html

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

For non-admin versions, such an option isn't available.

regards,

paul

5. Emil

Emil Guest

BUT!

1. You can burn a cd with folder updfiles from Program Files\Eset, afterward copy from cd to new instaled folder of eset.

2. check if updfiles are read only. Must be NOT!

3. Anyway you must connect your PC at least 1 minut to dial up, so NOD will "feel" quiet safely and will appears the version that you have copied. For the latest: update now... manually

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.