Rescue disc scan oddity

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by CrunchieBite, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrunchieBite

CrunchieBite Guest

EAV v4.0.314.0 using 32bit Vista Business SP-1 with Microsoft Windows AIK 6001 installed to create the sysrescue disc.

The sysrescue disc was built correctly and seems to work ok in that we can boot an XP laptop off of the sysrescue disc and it loads up Eset SysRescue but, there are some very odd things happening when we try and run a scan.

If we do a Smart Scan, Eset scans and completes the scan in a couple of seconds and reports that it scanned 1 file.

If we do a Custom Scan and select all directories and drives, Eset scans and completes the scan in a seemingly very fast couple of minutes and then reports that it scanned 0 files!

Is this a bug or am I missing something very obvious?

2. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

Yes, it is bug. Most probably update of signatures after boot of SysRescue disk failed. Am I right? Do you have active internet connection in Sysrescue? Do you have ESS/EAV installed on PC where you booted the CD? Did you see query window after booting SysRescue about which location it should be updated from, if from HDD or internet?

3. BarronN30

BarronN30 Registered Member

I have the same problem, gona try to see whats wrong now.
    I'll edit this post if I find an answer.
    To the person above, I know its not my thread but maybe some of my answers is similar to the thread creator:
    1) It couldn't connect to the internet through the rescue mode.
    2) I have NOD32 installed on my computer.
    3) it gave an option to either use current virus database or to update through internet.

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Does your sysrescue disc work correctly when you build it on the XP laptop?

Cheers :)

5. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

Which option did you choose, virus DB on HDD or internet?

It means WinPE doesn't have driver for your NIC inside. You need to inject NIC driver while SysRescue building. There are 2 possibilities. If you have 32bit OS you can choose in Wizard automatically to use NIC driver installed in your OS. Other possibility is to download Vista NIC driver from web and manually to locate driver .inf file in Wizard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.