Noscript for IE

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by minacross, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minacross

minacross Registered Member

is there any program for IE7/IE8 that works in the same way as noscript for FF? o_O

2. guest

guest Guest

As far as I know, there isn't... You can do the same thing, but it will block everything on every website.

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Let me preface my post by saying that I use Firefox 3.0.6, however, IE7 Pro is similar to NoScript but it's not the same.

4. guest

guest Guest

I think there is nothing as good as Firefox with noscript ;) You can't find a better/safer browser

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

You could use trusted & internet zones for it, but it is not as easy to use as NoScript in FF. That applies to cookies managment as well.
    Anyway, who needs noscript, when IE got protected mode? Sure, it is not the same, but it should suffice along with DEP enabled. ;)

6. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Proxomitron is an extremelly powerful web filtering proxy that can filter most any web content. Unlike the NoScript extension, Proxomitron is a freestanding application that acts as a local proxy between your browsers and the web. It works with any browser. You have to change the browser proxy settings so the browser connects thru it. If you use a software firewall, the rules will have to be modified to accomodate it. I don't use IE7/8 so I can't tell you how to configure them to connect through Proxo. If it's the same as IE6, the included help file has instructions.

Proxomitron is not as user friendly as NoScript. It works best for people who have some knowledge of HTML. That said, the default filters aren't bad and there are other filter sets available. Unfortunately, we no longer have access to the best source of filter sets, or the good forum help for making Proxomitron filters for anything you could imagine. That was at Castle Cops.

Proxomitron is available here. Sidki maintains a nice filterset, has updated files available, and a lot of info and links on his site at http://www.geocities.com/sidki3003/prox.html

7. tlu

tlu Guest

Wrong. Protected mode and DEP do not provide any security against surfing related risks like XSS or clickjacking.

8. tlu

tlu Guest

Yes, but that's not the only disadvantage. Noscript protects against XSS attacks even from whitelisted sites and it offers some unique features like protection against clickjacking, JSON hijacking etc. Proxomitron doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.