Backup freezes during Outlook 2007 email backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Skyshing, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyshing

Skyshing Registered Member

I used the Acronis True*Image*Home version 11.0 to back-up the entire HDD by using the 'MY Computer' type backup, this goes very well. However, when I tried to backup using the 'My Email' type, there is a problem. Acronis cliam that it can back-up Microsoft Outlook messages, settings, emails etc. Right at the end, I selected the 'Microsoft Office Outlook' option (that is the email application I am using) before I select the backup location and finally I pressed the 'proceed' button. In the beginning, it seems that the email backup is running fine but until at some point the loader bar, indicating the remaining time freeze and not doing anything! It has been hanged up like that for more than 4 hours. I have backup the entire HHD successfully and the time taken is less than an hour! I tried to backup the email and performed this operation 3 times, it is just the same. When I look at the taskbar, it seems like Acronis is still running but the remaining time loading bar freezes all the time, this is not good enough for a backup utility software. I need a better solution for that please. I need your reply to this, Acronis admin PLEASE?

I know there are other email backup issues with other threads like the link below BUT THIS IS SOMETHING QUITE DIFFERENT: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=229320&highlight=email backup

2. atih9carlo

atih9carlo Registered Member

We are seeing also this strange behaviour of the time and completion bars during backup (ATIH2009 / 9646) of Outlook 2003, e. g. indicating 350 % completion, lasting 4 hours, moving from right to left. The backup ends successfully - but

1. the tib file is only half of the outlook.pst file (no compression!!)

and

2. the duration of the backup is very long compared to another tool

Hope that helps a little

Carlo

3. dkb

dkb Registered Member

Is your Outlook open on your desktop?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Skyshing,

Find out the size of the Outlook.pst file by browsing to where it is located:

* Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[user_account_name]\Local Settings\Applications Data\Microsoft\Outlook

* Windows Vista: C:\Users\[user_account_name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

If Outlook.pst is larger than 500 MB in size, please create a request to Acronis Customer Service Department here and let us know the case number.

Carlo, please install the latest build #9709 and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

5. atih9carlo

Oleg

1. till now there is no German update to 9709!!

2. Our outlook.pst file is larger than 500 MB

Carlo

6. Acronis Support

Hello atih9carlo,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat describe the issue and provide the following information:

- Exact title of E-mail client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0, Microsoft Outlook 2003);
    - Quantity of user profiles;
    - Amount of the accounts for these profiles and their type (POP3, IMAP, etc);
    - If the accounts within a single profile are of different types, please provide the amount of the accounts of each type. (E.g. profile [XXXX] contains three imap accounts and two pop3 accounts);
    - Sysinfo:
    Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    Send us the saved file.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

7. atih9carlo

Hi Dmitry

we have reported our Outlook 2003 problem in December 2008 to the German support and sent them SYSINFO and DEVICE TREE. Till now there is neither an update nor any response for that problem.

We use one profile with 12 POP3/SMTP accounts.

It is unbelievable that there is no fix for such a critical bug after such a long time.

How many programmers are working for ATIH?

Carlo

8. Acronis Support

Hello Carlo,

Could you please let us know the case number of your request that has been handled by German support? We will check its status.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

9. atih9carlo

10. Acronis Support

Hello Carlo,

You will receive a response from German support engineer shortly.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.