AdMuncher replacement?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Defcon, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defcon

Defcon Registered Member

I've been using admuncher for years on all my pc's. But it doesn't work on Windows 7 (and the looks like the developers don't plan to add support anytime soon for a beta OS), so I have to look for a replacement.

Freeware would be nice. Admuncher was one of the few programs I gladly paid for, so far I haven't found anything close to it. FF+AdBlockPlus is what I have.

2. Ro4dRuNn3r

Ro4dRuNn3r Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
  3. evilscribble

evilscribble Registered Member

4. tlu

tlu Guest

And that's not sufficient o_O I can't believe it. ABP is the best ad blocker I've ever used. Perhaps you're using the wrong subscriptions? I recommend EasyList, EasyPrivacy and Malware Domains. Feel free to add some others if necessary.

5. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

There has been a new beta version released of AdMuncher. This version is supposed to support Windows 7. As is always the case with betas, use with caution.

6. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

7. ePost

ePost Registered Member

Some software supports 32-bit. Some software supports 64-bit. Some software supports both. Wouldn't the use of this program be more widespread if the users knew if their OS was supported? After all it's only a fraction of them who are clairvoyants or consult a such...

8. inka

inka Registered Member

9. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i dont really see it as all that bad, he is posting in a related thread is he not? the thread isnt locked so why is discussion and news about related products not allowed to be posted?

10. ePost

ePost Registered Member

I fully agree. Besides SUPERAdBlocker isn't just any program. It's leading in it's field.

11. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

You don't have the option of using the admuncher beta with caution. It's either not get updates or have the beta forced upon you.

12. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Just an FYI. AdMuncher 4.8 has been available for ~1 week now. It is the latest stable version.

13. Reimer

Reimer Registered Member

I'm quite happy with my ABP w/ Easylist subscription + Proxomitron w/ Sidki filters combination.

Why both? Because ABP w/ Easylist seems to catch about 95% of the stuff and Proxomitron catches the rest.

Plus Proxomitron is just so amazing. If I knew how to mess around with configuring my own filters, I'm sure it would be even better. Sidki's filters are already pretty good though! :thumb:

14. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Not "pimping our product" - simply updating threads (the whole purpose of forum threads ) where our product was mentioned, and/or users are asking for an updated ad-blocking solution, but thanks for linking to all the threads!

15. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

ad-muncher work fine on my win7 x64

16. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I also think it is perfectly legitimate what you are doing as I'm sure of the majority of members here.

17. Dr payne

Dr payne Guest

18. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Actually only a drawback to Opera users.

19. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

...which is still a drawback compared to other products that do support it :D

20. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Yes, for Opera users....but not for the the other 99.99% of users in the Internet world using IE and Firefox :)

Opera is a nice browser and is fast, it's just not as widely used as IE and Firefox at this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.