Undocumented serious error (0x101a)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by QS, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QS

QS Registered Member

That is the error I am receiving starting as of 20 hours or so ago. EAV is no longer updating, when it was working flawlessly 20hrs ago, and nothing on my system has changed at all. Anyone else having problems?

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

try this or reinstall

3. Rolando57

Rolando57 Registered Member

The same here on our W2k3 Server, error 0x101a coming up yesterday around 11.42 am (this already had ocurred once in december last year).

The mentioned solutions are not an option because the system is running 24/7.

I first tried to clear the update cache but didnt help. I then stopped the processes egui.exe and ekrn.exe, after the last restarted automatically the update worked again.

Seems to me this problem comes up on machines doing updates of the programm files without restart of the system. Could this be confirmed by Eset?

EAV Version is 3.0.669.

4. bradtech

bradtech Guest

I have randomly been getting these on machines.. It was bad about a month or two ago but it was only on client machines this happened.

5. MarcR

MarcR Registered Member

6. QS

QS Registered Member

I forgot I even made this post, but after using the task manager to shutdown nod32 tasks and rebooting, the problem did remedy itself. I just can't imagine what brought it on in the first place. As someone earlier in the thread mentioned as well it would be rather shitty if you got this problem on a machine that was up 24/7 for some service reason. To this day I still miss Nod 2.7, 3 just seems so rushed, or perhaps just not completely tested. But at least for no my problems are done with until v4... lol Hope you all can figure out your problems with this similar issue.

7. Statler

Statler Registered Member

Simply rebooting my machine fixed this problem for me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.