ultrasurf 9.2 legit programme or not...?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by thathagat, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thathagat

thathagat Guest

hi...............i found about this and downloaded it and both kis and sas did not find anything wrong...............kis hips placed it in low restricted though but i could use it fine........but when i uploaded it on virustotal it was flagged by some...........like prevx....as malware downloder.............nod as .......suspicious................now can someone tell whether this is a bad programme or perfectly legit and safe to use.............?
    thanks

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Have you the vt link? file name?

edit : found the website, is it riskware due to the nature of the program,..proxy?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  3. thathagat

thathagat Guest

4. Klaus_1250

Klaus_1250 Registered Member

I checked it a while ago, but it all looks funny. The language, the references, the absence of info, the rather large claims. Doesn't add up. Perhaps they're just amateurs that try to look professional, who knows.

5. badjoey

badjoey Registered Member

hi i use agnitum outpost SS and as soon as i tried to download it outpost flagged it as a trojan and blocked it from being downloaded.
    so maybe it is not a legit program but i have to admit outpost is a little more sensitive that other products.in the past things that outpost flagged kaspersky,bitdefender and NIS have not so not sure what to make of it.

6. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Might want to remove the VT link. Otherwise it will be removed ... by a mod.

It is only detected as malicious because it routes traffic through a proxy.

I remember a thread in the Norton forums ... It's a legit program.

However, read this: http://www.expresscomputeronline.com/20080317/technology02.shtml

Especially the "Circumventor" section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.