Questions regarding eset installation

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jason_perryman, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jason_perryman

jason_perryman Registered Member

Hi there! I'm new to eset NOD32. I have read through the PDF files associated with the products and haven't found an answer to my issue.

I have a client with a Microsoft Small Business Server 2003. I purchased eset NOD32 Client/Server/Messaging/MS Small Business Server Bundle. It appears to come with the following components:

Anti-virus Client (eavbe_nt32_enu.msi)
    Remote Admin Console (raconsnten.exe)
    Remote Admin Server (rasrvnten.exe)
    LAN Update Server (ndntenad.exe)
    Exchange Server Anti-virus component (ndntenzs.exe)

I installed the Exchange component and it seemed to work fine. I then installed the anti-virus client on the server and now I cannot find the Exchange component.

Can those be installed on the same server? I would assume so since most people with a Small Business Server only have 1 server which is the case with my client.

I stopped at this point because that didn't seem right. I have not installed the Remote Admin Console, Server or LAN Update server yet.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESET NOD32 Antivirus (v3) is not compatible with NOD32 for MS Exchange, you can have only either of them installed at a time. If you have purchased a license for NOD32 for Exchange and received a license key for it (different than for Business Edition), uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus, install NOD32 for MS Exchange and activate it using the key.

3. jason_perryman

jason_perryman Registered Member

Thanks for the information.

So does the Exchange portion protect both the Exchange data base and the file system as well?

Or does eset expect you to run the product on 2 seperate servers?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NOD32 for Exchange contains the following modules: real-time protection, on-demand scanner, MS Exchange store protection and the mirrror module (effective only with Business edition credentials).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.