Site Problem

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Rodehard, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodehard

Rodehard Registered Member

Hey guys, can anyone point me to someone who can help with site problems? I can do everything on the forum but create a new thread. I get an "error topic doesn’t exist" msg when I click the new topic button. I’ve done the allow cookies and even placed in trusted zone all to no avail.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Rodehard,

From your previous posts and member profile it looks like you are using either IE6 or MyIE2, which generally should work fine if you have "*.wilderssecurity.com" in the Trusted sites list, and you have the default permissions set for the Trusted zone itself...

However, it also looks like you have Proxomitron and Outpost Pro, so it's possible that some settings or filtering being done in those is interfering with the flow of the HTML in and out of your browser. The forum error log shows that the link being used by your browser to start a new thread (in the PG forum section, in this case) is:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?board=40;action=post;title=Start+new+thread

However, that is actually not correct. The "+" symbols are being passed wrong. The forum software actually needs to see the link like this:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?board=40;action=post;title=Start%2Bnew%2Bthread

where the plux signs are really "%2B" character combinations... Something on your system is filtering these incorrectly. You may need to bypass either Proxo and/or any filter that might be done by Outpost Pro to allow the proper character sequences to come through.

A few people have had these errors before. Here's a more in depth explanation of this error:

"New topic" creating trouble

You may need to try different settings in those privacy / security tools to figure out which one is altering those characters.

3. Rodehard

Rodehard Registered Member

Thanks, it turns out to be proxomitron. Out of habit one of the first things I did was put you in the bypass list but for some reason this isn’t enough. A global bypass all filters and page refresh works however so IM good to go. Thanks again. Enjoying the software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.