Acronis True Image 2009 cannot edit tasks of version 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scharf, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scharf

scharf Registered Member

Hi,

I just bought version 2009 and I am very frustrated, because I cannot edit my tasks I created with version 11! I have 25 tasks and that is very frustrating. Any idea how to migrate them to version 2009?

Michael

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Can't do it. What's in a task is diff in ATI12/2009 and ATI pukes if you try to edit an ATI11 Tasks. This is one of the first things I discovered with ATI12/2009. In my case, I only have a few tasks so making new ones wasn't a lot of effort, just a pita. Other issues led me to seek a refund on ATI12/2009. I'm glad I didn't have 25 or so tasks to recreate.

3. scharf

scharf Registered Member

Well, i hope new version can at least restore older versions of backups....

How bad can software be if it is not possible to read the simple old xml format?
    Can we really trust acronis if their programmers are not even able to migrate simple XML files?

I just did a diff on the old versus the new format. Any semi-professional programmer could write a converter for the data. If I would know how they create the checksum (UID) I would do it myself.

I am always hoping that the new release is becoming better. But each time I upgrade I get the feeling this is done by amateur programmers and not professionals.

Michael

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

My brief experience with ATI12/2009 is that it can restore ATI11 backups without probs. Unfortunately, it cannot restore ATI12/2009 backups without probs. It appears that it mucks up Office when it restores an ATI12/2009 backup -- you can search the forum and find a few threads about that. So one mibht be better off using a prior version to make a backup and then ATI12/2009 for the restore. Rather a pathetic situation, actually.

Typically, Acronis states the ATI is backwards compatible for at least 2 versions - at least as far as being able to restore backup files created with a prior version.

Note also that ATI12/2009 is not compatible with ATI tasks created with prior versions, but doesn't seem to know that it shouldn't try. Try and edit, say, an ATI11 task in ATI12/2009 and ATI will try but won't get anywhere. It should at least give a message, "ATI2009 cannot work with tasks created with prior versions of ATI." In fact, that ought to be stated on the web page where ATI12/2009's features are descdribed. It's a realtively important fact.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build #9646) is still unable to edit tasks created with ATIH 11 after upgrade to ATIH 2009, the previously created schedule is lost. Tasks created before ATIH 11 are not ported to ATIH 2009. This issue is well-known, our developers are working to create a fix.

Acronis guarantees one-version-back compatibility for different versions of the same product. This means that current product version will work with backups created with one-generation-older version. The entire information about product version compatibility is available at the following article

About Microsoft Office 2007.

Please exclude *.bak extension from the default exclusions during a backup operation. This will help to overcome the issue.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

6. rd555

rd555 Registered Member

oh this is choice

the latest build of Acronis 2009 doesn't let you edit the tasks you create with Acronis 2009 (the program itself)

ie

create a task
    oh ...I'll change the scheduled time.

click edit task
    all stuff greyed out
    work around click SELECT TARGET ACHIVE (sometime the greyed out stuff comes back)

most of the time it errors and closes Acronis 2009

I can supply a screen picture

ACRONIS 2009 sucks, you didn't finish the program properly, :thumbd:

i am relying on your program to store all my vital information, and it doesn't feel good

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rd555,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Could you please provide step-by-step actions you perform while editing the task? Also attach screen shot of the error message you receive.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

8. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

This reply from Acronis is just stalling for time! There are countless examples of the task scheduling problem. Instead of us providing yet more examples why didnt Acronis do some VERY basic testing on their software before release?

They should test it themselves properly now, then put their hand up and say its a bug and give us a date when it will be fixed.

The huge and growing numbers of posts to forums just generate bad publicity for Acronis. Better that they fix the bug than be in denial.

9. rd555

rd555 Registered Member

thanks for late response, were you sleeping there at acronis HQ .... poor fella... wakey wakey...time to test the software properly :doubt:

i fixed some of the problems with build 9646

acronis didn't work with
    ASUS motherboard and
    samsung spinpoint drives,
    says poor quality media, suspicions are the JMICRON CONTROLLER

now i have ABit Motherboard

I restored one of the compromised images onto a 1TB samsung drive.
    i formatted on my new system
    now using Samsung Drive diagnostics ESTOOL it says SMART STATUS BAD

this occurred after i tried to restore a compromised image

RUN A TEST A ACRONIS LAB
    ASUS BOARD
    samsung spin point drive

OR DONT BOTHER , JUST SELL THE SOFTWARE AND LET SOMEONE ELSE DO IT FOR YOU.

YOU SUCK

I DONT TRUST ACRONIS

i may look to use another backup software

DONT SELL PROGRAM THAT DONT WORK, IT SUCKS, AND IT SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW.

THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME.:thumbd:

If you push about screen shots, that show problems you know exist with the software, (but you playing dumb about) I'll post all the errors screen i ever got.

and that's a promise

reply at whatever speed you want Slowpoke Rodriguez

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slowpoke_Rodriguez

sofware sucks tech support sucks

Happy Xmass

10. rd555

rd555 Registered Member

dude try Build 9646 to solve some problems with sheduling

11. jehosophat

There are still plenty of bugs in ATI 9646 scheduling.
    So dont pin your hopes on Build 9646.

On my system Acronis only works properly using the boot disk. So this is the way I run it. For what it cost me it will do for now.

12. rd555

rd555 Registered Member

really..... oh crap.....:ouch:

what kind of things? (save me finding out the hard way)

Are the images gong to be compromised?

13. jehosophat

Here is a few of the things still need sorting out with build 9646. Just read some of the threads.

Time stamp on restore
    Outlook pst files
    Editing tasks
    Excluding certain file types
    Manual and software dont coincide in places
    Spelling errors and bad English in manual
    Missing features like Full daily automated backup
    No standard version of boot disk

Just look at the wish list to see how far short the product is compared with its reputation.

Plus of course all the "known issues" in the document by Acronis on their web site.

BUT it does do the job for me - if I do full manual backups using a boot disk on my hardware. So it works for me.

It could, with a lot of fixes be a great product.

Support levels reflect the state of the product. I would only expect great support from a company with a great product. Instead we have a buggy product with support that is the worst of any application I have bought.

If Acronis do not meet the challenge soon then expect another software house to gain market share.

14. stbi

stbi Registered Member

Hi,

Is there a problem with the time stamps?

I saw that there's an option now in V2009 to set the timestamps of restored files to the current time, which is enabled by default -- did you mean that?

Stefan

15. jehosophat

The reply from Acronis I will post next.

16. jehosophat

Acronis SupportDecember 15th, 2008, 06:00 AM
    Hello oldaussiedog,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image ( http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/)

The encountered issue is already fixed by Development team. The update may be available in the next released build.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

So it is not fixed in that there is no avaialable version for us to use. When I do a restore my time is 1 hour out. I hope this helps. jehosophat

17. rd555

rd555 Registered Member

good use of the word MAY

here's another one if i MAY...

The program MAY not be finished even in the next update. there MAY be even more problems. Acronis MAY have had there day.

o_O o_O o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.