Metropipe = Xerobank = Cryptohippie

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by oldymin, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldymin

oldymin Registered Member

Hiya all,

I read from time to time this excellent forum with lots of good information. I was reading some postings here as usual. Today i registered cause i would like to inform people that xerobank are the same guys who are/were behind metropipe and now probably also cryptohippie. The reason i mention this is because i got scammed by metropipe for a large amount of money. I worked for a company which thought their services would protect the employees when travelling. But we were deadwrong. Lost a 4 figure amount to that scam. I advise people to google about metropipe and their new outlet xerobank / cryptohippie.

I'd like to warn people that metropipe = xerobank !
    They use the same servers, same approach and same tactics.

I also would like to ask why does xerobank always "seem" to be the best in this forum ? Always promoted by the same persons and newbies coming from nowhere to keep the topics on xerobank alive ? Does no one notice this when checking all the topics ? Also interesting whenever some one begins about other privacy services, the usual "newbies" popup and start to spam and spread rumors and at the end xerobank comes out like the best...

I might be an old dino in the adminworld but it doesn't mean i won't post my story about those services.

My 2 cents.

Berry

PS: I bet now they all will popup in this post and start the whole fake appearance again and try to impress people with alot of technology they cannot proof. Despite that they use opensource projects like openvpn, tor they do not publish the sourcecode which is required when changing code or using it commercially.

If some one types in google: +metropipe +scam then you'll see what i'm talking about. Try searching also for metropipe and xerobank, you'd get this for example which contains all the proof needed:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.privacy.anon-server/browse_thread/thread/abd09cc90a35e532

If there is one privacy network i'd like to see develop then that would be the Tor project.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  2. geazer40

geazer40 Registered Member

i tell you something i don't know nothing about metropipe but i agree they deffo look like cryptohippie without a doubt

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Haha! Well I am no newbie but I have had Xerobank for well over a year, so obviously I am very pleased with it. The discussion about Metropipe and xerobank is an old one here. Do a search. As far as Cryptohippie, I dopn't have a clue. But what if they were connected? I have no problem with that. Also, I might add, people popping up here out of thin air just to bash Xerbank has been pretty common too, which has always seemed a little odd to me.

4. geazer40

you are always popping up defending them pitty they don't reply to your probs on there forums

5. oldymin

geazer40, spot on ! That's what i'm thinking too. That "caspian" might be another account of the Steve guy or whatever fake name they use.

Eitherway, i'm not surprised they're bashing others, especially those who warn for metropipe ( aka xerobank) scam.
    Always happens, mention xerobank or any other privacy service and guess who popsup in the posts ? Caspian and partners using probably other accounts.

The google link in my first post exposes metropipe/meshmx/xerobank...completely with proof.

As for Steve, please reply to my emails or send me a PM if you want to return my money back.

MORE PROOF:

Right after posting this post, as you can see caspian shows up, posting in other topics trying to make this nasty one disappear.
    Another double account from those scammers is cryptonewbie, just look at the current posts in this forum and all of a sudden you see a post appear from that account too. The same guys who keep popping up WHENEVER xerobank aka metropipe are mentioned and make sure other privacy services are bashed.

SteveTX
    Caspian
    Crytonewbie
    fuzzylogic
    Traxx.. Are all the same person from xerobank aka metropipe.

You can't escape your scamming history.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  6. caspian

LOL! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.:rolleyes:

I don't bash most services. I have also tried torrentfreedom and I still have a perfect privacy account. I have tried the Metropipe Tunneler as well. I think all of these services are pretty good. And I have not mentioned Xerobank for quite some time. But hey listen. I have a right to express my opinion just as you do. And I'll be damned if I am going to cut my tongue out just so you can promote your hidden agenda.

Okay now you've gone over the edge. You are either a competitor or a complete bozo. So which is it?

7. Cryptonewbie

Cryptonewbie Registered Member

If you look at my posts there is not a single bashing towards any service. Xerobank has never been mentioned at my posts. It is too expensive for me to use. My postings have been simple queries about anonymizing proxy services. In my last post I mentioned what service I ended up choosing when I had asked for comments about different providers. I am not using, promoting or even bashing Metropipe, Xerobank or Cryptohippie. Or any of their competitors. Never used any of them. I am just a guy who is interested in making my wireless secure with a VPN and this forum has had many useful threads about that. My posts hardly make any service look better or worse. All my posts before this thread have been in only one other where I asked more experinced forum members if they knew about the companies I was researching.

You are definetely entitled to your opiniong about the companies mentioned. Even though I am anonymous here I do not like to be labeled as someone else's scamming alias. What on earth based on my postings make you think I work for these companies??

8. traxx75

traxx75 Registered Member

My counterargument is exactly the same as Cryptonewbie. I don't promote Xerobank, I don't come to their defence in threads about them, and I don't even use their service due to the prohibitive cost [for my requirements].

I have not "bashed" other services, either. The only posts that can be construed as such as those that I made regarding a possible link between two services [much like you're doing right now]. I also provided links to evidence that I based my opinion on.

In attempting to look credible, the original poster has just made themselves look like yet another troll in the world if privacy services. If they actually had a solid argument before then they just lost it by dragging in the names of peole not involved in any way.

I challenge the original poster to provide evidence that I'm a "Xerobank clone" instead of just picking my name out of general discussion threads regarding privacy services. Hell, do the same for all of the other people you've accused, too.

9. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Anybody ever get the impression this is the same guy, over and over again?

Schizophrenics not only suffer from paranoia and delusions, but often project their own activities on others. It would explain the recurring aliases. This is similar to how potheads are convinced that other people smoke dope as well.

Occams razor suggests that since this is the simplest answer, it is most likely the correct answer, as opposed to a vast conspiracy. However, despite the recurrent trolling, we should not presume that the intentions of the poster are evil. According to Hanlon's razor, he would be his own victim. This is sad because such people are incapable of experiencing trust or peace of mind.

I do have empathy for being in such a situation, because that's kind of why i write some of my own tools. I have to see what goes into it and it's hard to understand other people's work because they don't organize information the way I do. Have patience with objectors. Sometimes they see things from a point of view that you don't, like seeing patterns that may or may not be related, which is completely valid. Let's see what he has to say.

10. fuzzylogic

fuzzylogic Registered Member

There was some time ago the XB 1.0 used the same servers for thier SSH tunnel but now have no connection what ever with metropipe (they don't even have servers in germany). Cryptohippie uses the backbone of Cryptohippie Panama network, which has been around longer and has been just opened to the public. I can see from some points that these 'random' first time posters seem to be the same but have made very different points about systems that aren't xb originated. Whats the say you not just 'grendy's' puppet?, you'll find we all very much different people whether you believe that is up to you.

you'll find all my posts are the products of research and not wild guesses. i have researched all about xb, metropipe, anonymouse, cryptohippie, etc and will only mention them if they are relevant to the post. You'll actually find i'm not that much of a fan of xb, do a search and see for yourself, i mention them so people can do their research.

11. caspian

What is the difference between cryptohippie panama and cryptohippie USA?

12. oldymin

Anyway, i don't think we'll get the money back from xerobank aka metropipe.

But since it seems i've touched a sensitive nerve despite that i'm all pro opensource Tor project, calling me a complete bozo or a competitor;

It's a huge coincidence that the same puppets showup in my warning post within a couple of hours, all of them on a friday...the last thing we're missing is a black cat and the number 13. That's how great a coincidence this is. Just what i predicted in my first post !

Steve aka caspian aka the rest ... Care to explain why you don't promote your metropipe service anymore ? Cause metropipe scammed so many people that you can find reports everywhere including at the BBB. So i guess you needed a new look ?

I warn everyone that there is a clear connection between xerobank and metropipe, that's a fact.

Here is some more proof from another guy who did his research:

"
    Steve, As far as your connections with MetroPipe: These are fair
    questions because there are simply too many coincidences. The
    connections between XB and MetroPipe are many. My post back in June of
    2007 [see below --Nescio] shows all the "coincidences" even before I
    made the discovery that you are using the same servers. Here's the
    screenshot evidence, coincidence?

Metropipe IP:
    http://aycu30.webshots.com/image/43909/2005608874186097958_rs.jpg

XeroBank IP:
    http://aycu31.webshots.com/image/44750/2005682913940611356_rs.jpg

"Some of the servers managed by the same tech group" you say. Hmmm. Do
    you know how many (hundreds of thousands) servers there are in the
    world? And you BOTH use the SAME "tech group" -- in Germany?

To most people, with the evidence above and all the connections listed
    in my original post, the questionable MetroPipe=XeroBank and
    XeroBank=MetroPipe. If we're wrong it's the most bizarre set of
    coincidences ever.

It's all there, Steve - with too many "coincidences". Joke about it,
    make light, do your best - but it's all too much.

For those who want to see the full list of connections between
    Metropipe and XeroBank please see the post linked above in the first
    paragraph.

And all you really can say (over and over and over) is "trust me."

==

To Torrify (XeroBank), some questions - and how about a little honesty?

Something caught my attention and I soon saw it was the tip of the
    iceberg. Your new XeroBank service (formerly Torrify Premium) is using
    Dalpay.is as your payment gateway. Not exactly a major player in the
    industry. Dalpay...Hmmm.....Where had I heard that name before? Oh,
    yeah....MetroPipe! The alleged loggers and government spies! Dalpay is
    also THEIR gateway payment provider. See the Dalpay processing page
    here [ https://www.dalpay.is/home.php?cat=257 ] with two services for
    anonymous browsing: Xerobank and Metropipe!

Just a coincidence? What about the following:

- Torrify was pushing on their old website the expensive unlimQ
    Anonymous Credit Cards. Guess who else does that? MetroPipe! See it
    here [ http://www.metropipe.net/ ] (under recommended - left
    sidebar) Here's the Google cache [ dead ] of the old Torrify site
    promoting the same (obscure) product.

- Torrify was pushing the Rayservers encrypted laptops. Guess who else
    does that? MetroPipe! See it here (under recommended - left sidebar)

- The new Xerobank uses "IPSpy" software (pretty rare) to test
    anonymous connections. Guess who else uses that? Metropipe! See it
    here. [ http://www.metropipe.net/ipspy/ ] Now, if that weren't bad
    enough....for new "members" of XeroBank to check the "anonymity" of
    their connection with IPSpy, you go to this URL:
    https://client.xerobank.com/IPSpy

Even without using their service, what does the IP say? Yep -
    88.198.52.150. The page is static. It's fake.
    I hope you can see this before they take it down and change it. I've
    done a PC Recording of what happens, using their service, and using
    a different PC without using their service at all. Both show the
    "anonymous" IP. Hmmmm.

- The new Xerobank is getting ready to have a virtual "Xerobank
    Machine" all setup on a USB drive. Here on the bottom of the left
    sidebar. [ http://www.xerobank.com/products.html ]
    Hmmmm....interesting concept. Guess who else does that? Metropipe!
    (They call it the "Portable Privacy Machine." All setup for a USB
    thumbdrive.) See it here. [ http://www.metropipe.net/ppm.php ]

And there's more. But that will get us started.

Hopefully, Steve Topletz has some answers that make sense about ALL of
    the above. The connections with Metropipe are too much to be mere
    coincidence. The talk on alt.anon-servers on Usenet has been (for
    years) that Metropipe is a logkeeping honeypot and den of spies for
    the government. And now.....the TOR Project forces Torrify to change
    their name when the so-called "premium service" is released and you
    name it XeroBank Browser. And those premium services, it's awfully
    interesting how they have all the identical Metropipe signatures: the
    same payment processor, the same IP checking software, identical
    product shilling for the same anonymous credit card and overpriced
    encrypted laptops. The fake "anonymity check".......

Steve, what's up?
    "

Also could you comment on the following;

You're using opensource software like Tor and OpenVPN, since you've modified the code and are even selling hardware routers with that and other software; When are you going to make the sourcecode public ? Cause right now what you're doing is saying to people "trust me" but have no proof and you steal from the opensource community !

It seems you're bashing other services because they either are:

- better
    - warn other people about your scam group

Says alot about you on how you try to gain business over the backs of others.

I guess it's all "paranoia", isn't it Steve ? Nothing is true of it, you're holy and metropipe must be some copycat of you. Let me tell you, the company you scammed hired a PI and although it would be more costing than what we would have gotten back i can't deny to others who need to "contact" you about their money the following information:

What we found and our private investigator:

- Roque Holdings Corporation / Panama -> Metropipe / MeshMX
    - Diclave Inc. / US and AU -> Partner / Reseller

Those two are now known as Cryptohippie Inc.

- Xerobank is actually a reseller/partner of Metropipe

They're now being controlled by MeshMX as they remain just the frontgroup
    and are NOT in control of their technologies or networks (!)

I hope this helps people who got scammed for alot more money than we did.

Also note, their lots of blabla and trust me, can't make up for this:

The only network which can provide a very high level of anonymity is Tor. The simple reason is that they have a huge amount of servers all over the world.

Despite that they stole code from opensource projects, it'll not help them as with a few servers it's easy for a TLA to signup, make a list of entry/exit nodes and then plant at both sides the equipment to tap into their users connection.

So stop promoting a false sense of security ! You're endangering many people by this.

Also, how is it that you also work with governments (as you can see from your website) and YET at the same time garantee people their privacy and security ? You are tainted as you're serving Big Brother and the people who are running from Big Brother !

Anyway, i'll stop my rant here, last thing i want is more bad memories about this whole story. But i will not hesistate to warn more people about you !

13. geazer40

Also, how is it that you also work with governments (as you can see from your website) and YET at the same time garantee people their privacy and security ? You are tainted as you're serving Big Brother and the people who are running from Big Brother !

i got to agree with this guy how can you separate yourself from one or the other you cant as far as i can see that is a very good point

14. SteveTX

I think you should fire your "private investigator" and ask them for your money back, that seems to be where you are getting scammed. :rolleyes: If you were scammed by metropipe or some other proxy, you should take it up with them and your credit card company / bank.

Also, please read the licenses for all the softwares you purport. You'll notice you can get all our source code from the same download page: http://xerobank.com/software.php

15. traxx75

traxx75 Registered Member

Um, no. Wander into any forum and start accusing regular posters/lurkers and you're going to get the same kinds of responses pretty quickly.

Maybe the reason everyone posted on a Friday is because you posted on a Friday? It's also funny that you totally ignore the fact that the accused have never actually done any of the things you say, nor can you provide any proof of this. I'd ask you again to provide some proof that I've done these things but I figure that's a complete waste of time because you're obviously incapable of doing so.

You're the exact reason why it's hard for new people to make an informed decision on privacy/anonymity services. I saw the same deluded crackpots when I first started looking into this field [rabbiting on about "puppets", no less] and it made it a lot harder to filter out the facts from the paranoid/libellous drivel.

ps: What did you hope to achieve by pasting the contents of the link you posted originally?

16. SteveTX

Traxx, if you have some time, contact me offlist. I would like your opinion on something.

17. caspian

I just looked at Cryptohippie. They do not allow you to download adult material? WTF? That sounds a little odd for a company that uses the word "hippie' in their company name. So like what happened to "free love", man?:cool:

I also noticed "15 GB of monthly traffic included." :doubt: And I guess they log as well.

"Identification and usage logging policies are necessary to limit abuse of our products and services as well as to fulfill legal requirements. Usage logging is stored for maximum of 14 days, client identification information is deleted four weeks after the end of the contract".o_O

I'm not knocking them. It' their business. But it doesn't suit my needs.

18. fuzzylogic

good call traxx. it was point i was almost going say.

its funny watching this niche industry of anonymous networks that there is always one that makes acuations of a company being a scam, be that metropipe, findnot, xb yet the only thing that ever comes out is casual observations and never actually gives any hard evidence. Does mean that all haven't been exposed, just look up ulimate anonmity and privacy.il. Its a really predictable cycle, the make claims they lost alot of money, make mountains out of mole hills and then proclaim Tor to be the best anonymous network and anyone whom does use it a scum, scammer, noob, puppet. Then the dust settles and nothing is different, and puff of smoke, the poster is gone.

So heres your chance to break the cycle, post what company lost money, how much money was lost and any other hard evidence that supports your claim ie email corrspondence, ip addresses, etc.

PS. the cryptohippie USA is a third party reseller the uses the network, Cryptohippie Panama is the owner of the network. good system that separates accounts from the network.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  19. SteveTX

Oldymin, I contacted the owner of Metropipe. He said he has no idea who you are or what you are talking about. Perhaps you should contact him first?

20. fuzzylogic

hilarious, nowhere in sight our little scamp. funny, you put down the real pressure and away they go

21. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

I can say the following:

This forums is a source of info. On surface, everyone has an equal vote. It's up to the user to decide whom to listen to, whether it's a post count, opinion, credibility established over years etc.

Doing business with someone is a matter of trust / legal whatever. So you can take it to the court. Furthermore, why would you buy some software worth thousands of dollars just like that. How about 6 months evaluation etc? Did you get the impression the vendor can deliver / is trustworthy?

Public exchange of blame on forums really does very little credit to the software and developers mentioned, whether it's because their name comes up, whether because someone defends them. Either way, it looks bad. Even if the mentioned products are 100% cool, I'd stay away after seeing these kinds of posts, if nothing else.

So, attacker: if you wanted to make the enemy look good, mission accomplished; defender: if you wanted to look ok, the over-nice defense stance/promotion really does more harm than good, mission fail. It's like the trick question: when did you stop beating your wife? Both answers are bad. Getting yourself into spotlight can be good for business, but 99% of time it does harm.

Mrk

22. Hillsboro

Hillsboro Registered Member

It doesn't take a private investigator. A sniffer will do quite nicely

Behold who the Crytpo Hippie Panama website is registered too:

inetnum: 88.198.74.8 - 88.198.74.15
    netname: ROQUE-HOLDINGS-NET
    descr: Roque Holdings Inc
    admin-c: MM4735-RIPE
    tech-c: MM4735-RIPE
    remarks: MeshMX.com Anonymizing Network
    mnt-by: HOS-GUN
    source: RIPE # Filtered

person: Matthias Menk
    address: Suite #105
    address: Markgrafenstrasse 56
    address: D-10117 Berlin
    phone: +442071932753
    fax-no: +41443553587
    e-mail: menk.rhc@meshmx.com
    nic-hdl: MM4735-RIPE
    remarks: Operated by Roque Holdings Corporation.
    remarks: Anonymizing networks for
    remarks: Metropipe.net and MeshMX.com
    remarks: Please contact abuse@meshmx.com in case of abuse.

There contact info is a real laugh too.

Postal Address
    Cryptohippie Inc.
    Torre El Cangrejo Suite 8370
    Via Argentina
    Panama City
    Republic of Panama

Phone (relayed from the USA)
    +1 20 149 003 20

Relay from the USA Eh? The relay number is in New Jersey.

The Via Argentina is a laugh to for postal. Panama city has postal codes that are not there. Oh it is odd they don't narrow things down.

This all goes back to Germany. Steve had an address in showing a postal code in Ulm.

Now, does anyone want to tell me I am full of it? Please do and I will show you how full of it I am or rather how full of it some of the fanboys here are and how they must hope everyone is too stupid to do even a cursory check.

So now you have proof Cryptohippie Metropipe link.

Anyone caring to do any digging will find the information I supplied here to be very illuminating. As far as hiding their track these guys are amateur of the first order and hope/take others for fools who will hang on their every word as being truth.

23. Hillsboro

My post is not an attack. It is dissemination of some hard truths. Let's dispense with all the fluff and BS and talk about facts. Let's see Steve refute this. I can't wait to see what obfuscations and hyperbole he comes up with, to say what I posted here is not so. These people are hiding. Nothing more or less and they are hiding because they do not want the truth of who they are and how it is all linked to come to the surface. Shall I continue, Steve?

24. Hillsboro

I need to say something... the reason for my post taking Steve and his minions to task for the way they turned on Oldymin. They used intimidation and humiliation against him. I never liked bullies... those who used bluster, when challenged and hope their bluster is not too transparent to be seen through.

So here is one little more bit of information:

Xerobank's web site ownership comes back to:

inetnum: 88.198.80.240 - 88.198.80.247
    netname: ROQUE-HOLDINGS-NET
    descr: Roque Holdings Inc
    admin-c: MM4735-RIPE
    tech-c: MM4735-RIPE
    remarks: MeshMX.com Anonymizing Network
    mnt-lower: HOS-GUN
    mnt-routes: HOS-GUN

person: Matthias Menk
    address: Suite #105
    address: Markgrafenstrasse 56
    address: D-10117 Berlin
    phone: +442071932753
    fax-no: +41443553587
    e-mail: menk.rhc@meshmx.com
    nic-hdl: MM4735-RIPE
    remarks: Operated by Roque Holdings Corporation.
    remarks: Anonymizing networks for
    remarks: Metropipe.net and MeshMX.com
    remarks: Please contact abuse@meshmx.com in case of abuse.

Oh Lordy, can it be? Yes it can; and it is. All one and the same Roque Holdings. aka Xerobank, Cryptohippie, Metropipe just like Oldymin said.

As I mentioned before, anyone who cares to do a little digging can see how all this is tied together and how all these so-called security experts who say their's is the only true secure VPN all all the others are crap and you need to watch out for the EU. The mother-ship for all of this is in the EU!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  25. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

Hillsboro, as you probably know, I've been a major skeptic of Xerobank. However, I just pulled up Xerobank and Cryptohippie's WHOIS and I get nothing like what you show above. Where did you get WHOIS returns like you stated above? XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Time out.....

I see exactly what he has done. He used something like "Who Is Hosting This" to get the static IP of Xerobank and then used a IP WHOIS lookup.

Here's Xerobank's "Who Is Hosting" info..... http://www.whoishostingthis.com/xerobank.com

Using the returned static IP address given above ( 88.198.80.243) and putting that into IP WHOIS, you get this:
    http://whois.domaintools.com/88.198.80.243

Or, in other words, exactly the same info Hillsboro showed in his posts.

I've been watching some of the debate lately, but this is the first new "Smoking Gun" I have seen which clearly shows the connection that I have tried - for a long time - to prove. I only had loads of circumstantial evidence before (understatement) - but this is damning. The only other mention of "Roque Holdings" on the Internet (according to Google and outside of closed databases - http://www.google.com/search?q="Roque Holdings"&btnG=Advanced Google Search ) is info in a statement on the Cryptohippie website saying they had merged with Roque Holdings(!) Yes, Roque Holdings, Inc., the same owner of static IP's associated with Metropipe and Xerobank. All pointing back to Meshmx!

I think it's funny the Xerobank posters accuse all the others critical of Xerobank of being me. Do you all really think I'm the only one that can piece all the pieces of the puzzle together? Obviously not - as Hillsboro showed in his posts.

As far as I'm concerned - game's up. Xerobankers (that aren't sock puppets) -- you've been lied to. Of course, expect a "simple explanation" from Dallas.

Steve?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.