BSOD only when network activity is high

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Sergey_Lavrov, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergey_Lavrov

Sergey_Lavrov Registered Member

Re: NOD32 and Vista 64 issue

Hi everyone. Sorry if my english is not perfect, but I'll try to explain my rather like problem. Don't know if it's really because of Nod... I'm receiving BSOD screen only when my network activity is high. (about 5-10Mb\s or higher) When there's no or small network activity, everything works fine. My BSOD usually contains IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with 0x0000001E (1,2,3,4 hex parameters) or rarely 0x0000000A, (1,2,3,4 hex parameters) sometimes it says, that ndis.sys is the reason. But my hardware is new, (just bought it) drivers from the disks of that hardware. I tried to update it from official sites, but it didn't solve the problem. I'm using the latest versions of Nod32 antivirus (3.0.672) and Agnitum outpost firewall 2009 pro, (6.5.2358.*, working in compatibility mode with Nod32) windows firewall\defender are disabled. My OS and hardware configuration are:
    Vista ultimate SP1 x64 (I did clean installation twice)
    Intel core 2 Quad, 1X2Gb DDR2, Asus P5Q SE, (onboard atheros ethernet GbLan adapter) HD radeon 4850, EPU thermaltake 600W, audigy SB, seagate\western digital sata HDD's and Nec DVD drive. (without any overclocking)

That problem was never before on my older hardware with winXP SP3 x86 version. o_O I'll try to uninstall Nod and write back later, if it'll solve the problem. :ninja:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. Sergey_Lavrov

Is there anybody alive? :eek: What's with this dead silence. o_O

By the way I unistalled Nod32. Still no sigh of the BSOD.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The thread you originally posted this in was very long, hadn't been active for almost 2 months prior to your post, and had covered many different issues. That's not the best circumstances to get responses.

I have now split your posts to their own thread with a title more reflective of your issue. This might help to get more attention.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please check if a kernel memory dump has been created and upload it to an ftp? Let me know if you don't have any at your disposal.

5. Sergey_Lavrov

Thanks for help.

I'm afraid I don't have one. But I'll try to create it. Shall I choose mini or full dump to create?

I have unistalled Nod and already for two days there is no any BSOD on my PC. Then I created high network activity with DC++ and uTorrent, all worked fine. I think maybe it's all because of x64 system. When I use ctrl+alt+del to view running processes, Nod process shows as ekrn.exe*32. Isn't that strange for x64 Nod version?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  6. Sergey_Lavrov

http://depositfiles.com/files/08j105e7c . I've already got many dumps, that's one of them. Could you please check it?

7. Sergey_Lavrov

Don't know what to think... I reinstalled OS and got the same BSOD, but that was before installing NOD.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  8. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

If you can log in with safe-mode and switch from kernel dumps to minidumps and generate one of those to upload I would appreciate it. I'd like to help you but waiting 2 hours to download a 1gb kernel dump when a 64kb minidump with suffice is a bit beyond what I am willing to do.

9. Sergey_Lavrov

http://depositfiles.com/files/p0v7io849 . :ouch: If somebody could check this four latest dumps, I would be very grateful. (I updated driver for atheros lan adapter. That didn't help. Also ran memtest without errors.) I'm now not sure it's NOD, maybe Outpost, or some kind of incompatibility. I know only something conflicting most recently when I'm trying to download or upload files through DC++ or torrent.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.