NOD scanning error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ideas Man, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ideas Man

Ideas Man Guest

When i scan my computer using the on demand scanner, NOD displays this error Error occured while scanning active boot sector of the 1. physical disk. Error reading sector. I'm not sure but i think this has something to do with the AntiCMOS virus that was on a floppy that i was trying to boot a virtual pc off. NOD when doing a full system scan doesn't detect the virus so how do I know if it infected my computer or not and how do i resolve the error issue? I know the disk had the virus because after unsuccessful attempts to boot off it, i opened it on the host machine to view the contents and NOD displayed the virus prompt.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

How we would do it at my shop, would be to slave your drive off a clean fully up-to-date virus free PC and have Nod run a scan on the second drive, after this, we would run a second scan with another AV, just to be sure.

And from there on in, scan a disk before trying to load it...

Cheers :D

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi,

this error message appears under the following circumstances:
    1. you perform a system scan in the account of a limited user
    2. you have a special boot manager or suchlike program that alters boot sectors installed
    3. you have a a card reader attached to your machine with no card actually inserted.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Thanks Marcos, that was in the back of my mind as well. Maybe this needs to be addressed with a notification in the scanner, like the [4] locked files notification. As this has has been brought up several times now, and it causes a great deal of stress for the person who has the "boot sector error" message.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.