Disable / deactivate real-time scanner from command line / batch?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PC_Bjorn, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC_Bjorn

PC_Bjorn Registered Member

Hi!

I am creating a backup script (BAT-file) for a customer of mine, which will scan the hard drives, defragment them, then do a drive snapshot of each.

During this process, I'd like NOD32 to stop its on-access scanner, as to not delay the process uneccesary (having the same files scanned three times in a row is unnecessary, especially as this machine has a scheduled scan anyway).

So.. Is it possible to issue a command from cmd.exe or a BAT-file that disables the realtime/on-access scanner, then have another command reactivate it at the end of the script? Or what about stopping the ESET services (which ones?), then reactivating them at the end of the script?

It would've been great!

PC-Bjørn

2. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

Nod32 2.7, yes;
    nod.png

Switch that to YES and you can disable the service with net stop / net start.

They (correctly) removed that feature in 3.0. 3.0 also doesn't monitor any changes in the registry (except after a reboot.)

If you could do this in a batch file then so can a virus disable/remove nod32.

IMO, NOD32 should reload the settings after reboot from a secure encrypted location into registry. A virus can currently effectively disable NOD32 3.x through registry changes and user rebooting.

BTW - if you have default of "Optimized Scanning" enabled, you are not scanning it three times;

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=207733

>>Nod have a "Optimized scanning" setting, dont scan again a file known as secure until it is modified. See here in Advanced Setup (see Help files for more details).....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.