Downgrade from TI 11 to TI 10 possible?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kevets, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevets

kevets Registered Member

Is it possible to downgrade from TI 11 to TI 10

Having used TI 8 for a couple of years, I figured It was about time to upgrade. Yesterday, seeing the special offer, I took the opportunity of downloading TI 11.

Have to say I am far from impressed.

After a few niggles in trying to install the S/W and create a Boot Disk, On testing I find that the Boot Disk Won't work: It gets as far as the "Pick a Task" window, but I'm unable to pick a task as my mouse freezes. I've tried F11 "quiet acpi=off noapic" with no success. I can't believe that Acronis still haven't fixed this problem, it was there in TI8, although "quiet acpi=off noapic" worked for that version.

Without a usable Boot Disk TI 11 is pretty much useless for me. I've spent most of the afternoon trying to figure it out, and not too keen to spend more time on it.

Having checked this forum the consensus seems to be that TI 11 is very flaky, while TI 10 seems to be more robust, So I'm hoping that a downgrade is possible.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Have you downloaded the SAFE media version via your account? This might help the rescue CD problem.

Beware, that if you do manage to downgrade, any images you have made with TI 11 will not be readable by TI 10 or 8.

Could you perhaps post some details about your PC, just in case someone here has experience with your particular situation and knows of a 'fix'.

For me the Logitech Wireless mouse problem was solved with TI 11 rescue media full mode.

Colin

3. country2

country2 Registered Member

I also bought 3 copies of TI11 one of which I got in on the Disk Director for free as I figured for the price I couldn't go wrong. I've found out that in windows (I'm running Vista 64 bit) it functions perfect but the boot disk I've found that my logitech wireless keyboard works but not the wireless mouse both using the same reciever. The Disk Director will not see my SATA drives unless I use safe mode and the mouse doesn't work either. I cannot believe that my Paragon Hard Disk Manager with its boot disk doesn't have any of these issues and is older than the Acronis software and from what I've been reading the Disk Director issue with the SATA drives is a old problem.

4. kevets

kevets Registered Member

Thanks guys,

bodgy, I assume that you mean the "Safe Media Plugin". I can't find an explanation anywhere as to what it does, so I'm rather reluctant to install it.

I haven't used TI 11 for anything serious, want to make sure it does what it's supposed to first (which it doesn't seem to) so no problem to downgrade.

I'm using:

Acronis® True Image Home® version 11.0 (build 8,101)
    Win XP Home
    Pent 4 2.66GHz
    1.5 RAM
    Microsoft corded mouse

Steve

PS I've contacted Acronis support with the problem.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The safe plug-in uses the PC's BIOS to address the hardware rather than the OS drivers. ON the bootCD, the OS is Linux and uses linux drivers. If they don't work your hardware, sometimes the BIOS will work, so the safe mode is worth a try. IF not, then contact tech support, colect the info they ask for and they can probably send you an iso that you can burn toCd to make a BootCD with diff drivers that will work on your hardware.

Or you can make a BartPE or VistePE boot disk with ATI on it and then that boot Cd will be using windows as the OS and windows drivers and you shouldn't have a problem.

6. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

I make a REATOGO (bartpe) cd anyway as they work and are very much faster than using the Linux based rescue media...especially for USB drives.

You must login to get the BartPE plugin for TI 11. TI10 gives you the option to add it during install.

Reatogo is very easy and I am using XP Pro SP3. It also lets you add other programs so is great to use if your PC will no longer boot.

7. Faust

Faust Registered Member

I got TI 11 as a free upgrade due to issues with the Linux drivers slow recovery times in TI 10 with my system. However, if you have been reading the various posts on TI 11 you will know that I have gone back to TI 10 and made a VistaPE disk. With this combination you just can't go wrong (BartPE disk in your case). The recovery times are lightening fast and TI 10 is very stable. TI 11 is a real backwards step as far as I am concerned.

8. SKA

SKA Registered Member

I think what the OP (kevets) and I want to know is:
    Can the TI-11 serial number work for TI-10 Home version ?

I have TI-11 Home but wish to use TI-10 instead.
    Thanks for any tips

SKA

9. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Nope, you'd need a diff serial number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.