Acronis True Image Echo Server corrupts files on HP DL320 G5p SATA hard drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by piotrpawl, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piotrpawl

piotrpawl Registered Member

Hi All,

I have been trying Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows (build 8115) bootable CD on my brand new HP ProLiant DL320 G5p server with Enbedded SATA controller.

The SATA controller is configured with two 150GB hard drives as RAID-1 volume.

I created a back up of my system C drive using the bootable CD. Once the back up was completed I restarted the server. Unfortunately the server didn't boot up, showing black screen displaying error that C:\Windows\system32\winload.exe file is missing or corrupted.

I tried to recover the file from the back up file I had just taken but no luck. I also tried to get the file from another server but it did not resolve the issue.

Finally I broke RAID-1 array and booted the system only with the second hard drive. The system booted up. But I had to rebuild my first drive to have RAID-1 completely operational.

I repeated the procedure like four or five times to make sure Acronis is responsible for the corruption. I noticed that Acronis doesn't see RAID-1 volume as one drive, but as two separate hard drives. Therefore answer is simply - Acronis doesn't have proper SATA hard drive controller for HP DL320 G5p server.

I contacted Acronis Support team to fix the issue and they confirmed that this is an issue and the correct bootable CD has been already released and gave me a link. Unfortunately the new bootable CD does exactly the same as the old one and it doesn't recognise RAID-1 array on HP DL320 G5p servers.

I have tried to contact Acronis Support couple of times since that but no one got back to me. I am really dissapointed with the support.

Just wanted to check if any of you had the same issue and what could be done to get around it. If none, I wanted just to warn you not to use Acronis on that system.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello piotrpawl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.