How can I start a backup with only one click?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nathon, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathon

nathon Registered Member

The planed tasks are really difficult to find in the TI 11 version. Is there any possibility to start a backup or a previously planned task by only one click? (E.g. by some command line arguments.)
    bye nathon

2. tuttle

tuttle Guest

You can do it from within ATI, but you'd have to first launch ATI and then run the backup task. You might want to do as I did. I used Vista's Task Scheduler and some other tinkering to run ATI backups by just launching a shortcut. (You can launch a shortcut and other icons via single click if that's the preference you've chosen in Windows. Otherwise it would be double-click.)

You can find full details in my thread:
    Vista - Standard user needs to run ATI Tasks without admin password - how?

3. nathon

nathon Registered Member

Hi tuttle!
    Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me how you created this batch file? My customer is using windows XP so he should have no problem with the user rights.
    thanks

4. tuttle

tuttle Guest

In the method I finally used, described in that thread, no batch files were needed. It relies on manually launching, via shortcut, Task Scheduler tasks.

5. nathon

nathon Registered Member

I have tried this syntax, but when I call it on the command line,True Image opens but nothing happens.

Is there something else to do?

6. tuttle

tuttle Guest

1. I suggest that you copy (Ctrl C) each path from Windows Explorer and paste it into your shortcut to avoid keying errors.
    2. I see a typo in your path: "Aconis", which should likely be "Acronis".
    3. As per my instructions in the other thread, you need to launch TrueImageHomeService.exe and not TrueImage.exe.

7. nathon

nathon Registered Member

OMG Thats' it.
    The missing R was just a copy and past error when I wrote the post.
    I've excuted the wrong file. It must be the service.

The right command is: (with German Windows XP)
    Thank you for your help.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.