ZoneAlarm 2009 Products released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by vijayind, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Checkpoint, has released ZoneAlarm 2009 series. Available now from their website.

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security isn't available, but a ZASS and ZAFF bundle is available for $69.95.

Features:
    But at first, glance looks like they integrated most of the features present in XP version 7.x into Vista now.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

well i tested their last beta for security-suite and my pc used to hang-up on logging off my pc.
    i had to manually reboot the pc and un-install it....dunno whether its fixed..:blink:

3. denniz

denniz Registered Member

I don't understand something...

It's my understanding that ZoneAlarm Extreme Security (which included both Forcefield bundled with there regular Suite) was pulled from beta testing because of some serious incompatibilities between ZoneAlarm Forcefield and the rest of the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite.

If the above is the case, then why would someone want to buy Forcefield and ZoneAlarm Internet Security separately? Because wouldn't those same incompatibilities still be there??

4. vijayind

From what I heard, ZoneAlarm Extreme Security had some integration between ZASS and ZAFF. That had some major issues.
    So they decided to make them as stand-alone and bundle them.

5. denniz

denniz Registered Member

And those issues don't exist anymore when installed separately? Sounds kinda strange to me.

6. vijayind

Well, they are selling it !! So probably there aren't any major issues with ZASS and ZAFF stand-alone installation.
    Best you download a trial and check it for yourself, before committing.

7. denniz

denniz Registered Member

:rolleyes: sorry I asked....

8. vijayind

No problem, everyone here at Wilders likes to chip in with whatever they know. If it helps, good.

9. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

It has been stated more then once from ZA officially. that the ZAES will be back and will be beta tested Forcefield works fine when the products are sep they had some problems Intergrating it thats all mostlikely they will have to work the code of the 2 from the ground up. this is what seems like a tempoery fix untell they can release the intergrated version.

10. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

So ZA Anti-Spyware is now history?

11. fax

fax Registered Member

Yes, replaced by ZAPRO that does the same thing...
    In fact, IMO there was too little difference between the two so I guess not much sense to maintain two basically identical products.

ZAAS license keys will work with ZAPRO 8

Cheers,
    Fax

12. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Is there a FREE Zonealarm version? If so, where can I get it please?

13. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

14. fax

fax Registered Member

Hi!
    By the way, the leak test 'supporters' should be happy... this version covers more leaks than before... probably ZAlabs tuned ZA to better show in Matousec black/white list... :)

No...no... not PCflank test... :D

Cheers,
    Fax

15. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

What I am more interested in is the "new scanning technology". Does the AS engine of ZoneAlarm now work full-time in both real-time and context menu scans, or is it still only used in full system on-demand scans as in version 7?

And is the KAV SDK the same still in ZA 2009?

16. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Post(s) removed.

Please keep on topic. This is a thread concerning "ZoneAlarm 2009 Products released" not an A vs B thread.

_ stem

17. henryg

henryg Registered Member

It's nice to see that the slight "hanging" problem at shut-down has been fixed... Overall, version 8 of Z.A. Pro is running exceptionally well.... Regardless of Matousec says. :)

18. vijayind

Don't know about the AS engine. But KAV SDK is same as in ZASS 7.x (AV engine is 6.0.2.678 )

19. 337

337 Registered Member

I just installed zass and like the new gui. However, I fail GRC cause of port 139 being open! I can set the slider to medium and it closes all ports and stealth's a few including 139o_O Weird.. Anyway to manually stealth 139 in zass with the slider set on high??

20. fax

fax Registered Member

I am not aware KAV has released a new SDK.
    They are working now to refresh enterprise products (there are still based on 6 technology) so I guess they may also soon upgrade the SDK. Meanwhile, SDK gets the usual constant driver updates.

I think ZA AS is still only on-demand, on access antispyware is delegated to KAV.

Cheers,
    Fax

21. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I hope so; that SDK badly needs an upgrade....:)

Frankly, I found it more than a little surprising that their enterprise and workstation products have still not been upgraded to the engine and technology of the home versions. If anything, I had expected those products to be the first to get such technology....

22. fax

fax Registered Member

IMO, its still exceptionally good. Otherwise KAV would not still sell their enterprise retail products with this technology ;)

... and then KAV is just one part of the ZA protection and you cannot assess the effectiveness of a security tool only based on one of its components.

Cheers,
    Fax

23. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

Only problem is ZA Pro costs double what ZAAS costs. And if you don't need the additional functionality of pro, its a waste of money. And a triple waste of money for me since I have ZAAS installed on 3 machines.

24. fax

fax Registered Member

Ooops... I see.. probably time to move to a cheaper alternative? ;)

Cheers,
    Fax

25. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.