Increase screen resolution of Boot CD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by laserfan, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laserfan

laserfan Registered Member

Is there any way to tell ATI11 Bootable CD to come-up in a size greater than, what is it, 640x480 or 800x600? It's awfully cramped particularly when trying to look at log entries.

We can tell Windows Safe Mode to use a diff. res--any way to up ATI's?

2. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

There is a way:

but you will need a different bootable rescue media; not the one created using the builder. You should request Acronis Support for it.

3. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

With a wireless mouse you could push 'Alt' & roll scroll wheel but would'nt be permanent of course

4. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

MY mistake -push 'Ctrl' & roll your scroll wheel if you have wireless mouse.:eek:

5. laserfan

Doesn't work.

Thanks I'll look into this.

6. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

"'Alt' & roll scroll wheel"

My mistake-try 'Ctrl' & scroll wheel.

7. laserfan

Sorry nb47 I did see your correction when I tried CTRL and the wheel. Not sure by what magic this works for you, but it does not work on my PC with the Acronis boot disk.

8. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

Sorry to hear it-go to your 'program' for it & see if you can do it from there or maybe you can email them & see-they should know for sure. Good luck!:)

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello laserfan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8101) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

The method described by NumLock is usable with normal Acronis Bootable Rescue Media as well: you need to add "vga=0x314" parameter after "quiet", similarly to using "acpi=off noapic" parameter, as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.