Bootable DVD - PowerISO or UltraISO

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kurtd, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurtd

kurtd Registered Member

I have come to the conclusion that TI Echo can't create a bootable dvd with a .tib file already stored on my computer. I wish the program let you add extra files to the dvd.

So I plan to create a bootable iso file with TI Echo. Then I will add my .tib file with either powerISO or UltraISO. I tried the trials but both have a size limit. So before I purchase one, has anyone successfully done what I plan to do?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Are you sure TI Echo cannot do what you want? In the Home version the feature is located here:
    Look under Tools/Options/Default Backup Options/Media Components/Advanced tab.

Check if TI Echo has the feature in a similar location.

3. kurtd

kurtd Registered Member

Those are just default backup options. The only time it presents those options to me is when I choose data backup and then choose "my data". If I do that then sure i can choose the .tib file but then it will put a .tib inside a .tib... If I choose "My computer" and pick the partition instead of the .tib already on my hd, that would work but it doesn't present me with the media options and it doesn't allow it to be backed up to a dvd anyway.

4. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Yes I have done what you are proposing. This will work fine. A better burner would be the free image burn. Just burn a bootable image.

5. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

I decided to run some tests I have poweriso 3.9 and ultraiso 8.6. Using windows xp, true image 10 and a 4.2 tib. With poweriso I wasn't able to make a bootable dvd with the tib inside, I tried it 3 times using different brands of blank dvd's and even burning the ISO with nero instead of the builtin burner, but it was unsuccesful. When I used ultraIso it had no problem producing a bootable true image dvd disc with the tib inside, it was quite easy (open ISO, drag and drop the tib folder into the ISO, save as with a new name) and it work perfectly the first time.

I stopped using ultraiso last year because it was having comptability problems with some of my video editing software. But from my tests it does seem to be able to produce a bootable dvd without me even reading the manual. I might have to read the manual to see if I have to adjust the settings etc to get the same results with poweriso, but I am confused why it couldn't do a simple bootable dvd.

Even though I have poweriso installed in my computer, for producing a bootable dvd it would probably have to be ultraiso that can get the job done. Maybe someone else has had better results with poweriso.

But if there is freeware that can do the same job, that might be more cost effective especially for a task that isn't run often.

6. kurtd

kurtd Registered Member

What iso editor did you use? What do you mean "the free image burn"?

7. kurtd

kurtd Registered Member

jonyjoe81: Thank you very much for testing those apps. I will give ulstraISO a try.

8. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Will it work if the Image is larger than would fit on one DVD? In other words, if you have to split the image among two or more dvds.

9. kurtd

kurtd Registered Member

Not sure. My image 3.5 gig so that's not an issue.

I did try UltraISO and it worked like jonyjoe81 said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.